Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite Star Wars Film?

Go down 
+10
Darth Hassen
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Atrer
Kesir
Darth Xean
Darth Zelus
Darth_Faisneise
Maltalionis
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:08 am

Any movie about or resembling the Bane and/or Kotor series would be amazing for me personally.
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 2:58 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
Any movie about or resembling the Bane and/or Kotor series would be amazing for me personally.

Yeah, I's love to see an Old Republic movie.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Darth Xean wrote:
Darth Bythion wrote:

As I said they are considering an KotoR TV series some time in the near/distant future - which won't feature much of Revan (thank god) and be closer to the KotOR comics.

Although a film trilogy could write its self:

Episode 1: The Mandalorian Wars - main protagonists Revan, Malak and the Jedi Exile

Episode 2: The Jedi Civil War - main protagonists: Revan, Bastila, Carth Onasi etc

Episode 3: The Dark Wars - main protagonists: Jedi Exile, Kreia, Atton etc

To work they would have to find a way to remove Revan as the central theme like the games, otherwise episode 3 wouldn't answer the viewers questions. Although this is all wild speculation - I doubt it will ever happen.

Still a Darth Bane trilagy would be so much better, and I believe would work better as a film - KotOR as a game of choice wouldn't work quite so well as a film. Plus the Bane Trilogy is a better story.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Xean wrote:
Darth Bythion wrote:

As I said they are considering an KotoR TV series some time in the near/distant future - which won't feature much of Revan (thank god) and be closer to the KotOR comics.

Although a film trilogy could write its self:

Episode 1: The Mandalorian Wars - main protagonists Revan, Malak and the Jedi Exile

Episode 2: The Jedi Civil War - main protagonists: Revan, Bastila, Carth Onasi etc

Episode 3: The Dark Wars - main protagonists: Jedi Exile, Kreia, Atton etc

To work they would have to find a way to remove Revan as the central theme like the games, otherwise episode 3 wouldn't answer the viewers questions. Although this is all wild speculation - I doubt it will ever happen.

Still a Darth Bane trilagy would be so much better, and I believe would work better as a film - KotOR as a game of choice wouldn't work quite so well as a film. Plus the Bane Trilogy is a better story.

I've been thinking about reading the Bane series, what would you give it on a scale of 1-10?
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:25 pm

I would give it a solid 9. I realllyy loved the first book.
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Recruit
Recruit
Apollo

Class : Imperial Agent
Unit : Intellegence

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:06 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
I would give it a solid 9. I realllyy loved the first book.

The last Book was brilliant - had a great and suspensious ending. I'd give it a 10.

Its some really great characters: Darth Bane, Githney, Kaan, Darth Zannah and its strange because their all the protagonists yet their evil Sith, where as Lord Hoth a heroic Jedi was a Villian.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:42 pm

While force wielders are awesome, I don't think that more movies/TV shows should center around them so heavily. Everything else is doing that, and the 'market' is getting saturated. What I would like to see is something closer to the original trillogy, where only one or two Jedi/Sith factored heavily, and the rest were just regular people/aliens. Throw in some variety to make it that much more awesome when the lightsaber switches on. Make the force-user necessary as opposed to a common occurrence. That's what made Luke's Jedi abilities so incredible in the originals, no one else could do them, it's what made Darth Vader and the Emperor so fearsome as villains, they could take on anyone who attacked them!

I'm not averse to something in the old republic that centers around Jedi and Sith, I just think what I mentioned above would be more enjoyable. Otherwise, you might as well just ask for another The Force Unleashed video game.
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:23 am

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
While force wielders are awesome, I don't think that more movies/TV shows should center around them so heavily. Everything else is doing that, and the 'market' is getting saturated. What I would like to see is something closer to the original trillogy, where only one or two Jedi/Sith factored heavily, and the rest were just regular people/aliens. Throw in some variety to make it that much more awesome when the lightsaber switches on. Make the force-user necessary as opposed to a common occurrence. That's what made Luke's Jedi abilities so incredible in the originals, no one else could do them, it's what made Darth Vader and the Emperor so fearsome as villains, they could take on anyone who attacked them!

I'm not averse to something in the old republic that centers around Jedi and Sith, I just think what I mentioned above would be more enjoyable. Otherwise, you might as well just ask for another The Force Unleashed video game.
then you should like the live action tv serires since las t iheard it was suppsoed to be about regular people in the universe and force users be few and uncommon least last i hear dthats how it was supposed to be
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:13 pm

But if it's based on KoTOR, there's gonna be Jedi and Dark Jedi coming out of the wood work.
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
But if it's based on KoTOR, there's gonna be Jedi and Dark Jedi coming out of the wood work.
true but lucas said he was going to wait to see if the live action set in the dark times was ahit befor he was goign to make the kotor live action.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Kesir wrote:
Darth_Faisneise wrote:
true but lucas said he was going to wait to see if the live action set in the dark times was ahit befor he was goign to make the kotor live action.

And he didn't specifically say KotOR he said something around that era, now the TOR era has been released he may look at that instead.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:23 pm

There's a live action set in the Dark Times? I was not aware of this. I must've skipped over that bit. And TOR isn't that far removed from KoTOR to change my argument over-much.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
There's a live action set in the Dark Times? I was not aware of this. I must've skipped over that bit. And TOR isn't that far removed from KoTOR to change my argument over-much.

To be honest I don't really agree with your argument all though I can see you point; almost every EU Star Wars media contains Jedi and or Sith in one shape or form, and that is simply because it sells - its popular.

From the following TOR already gathers, a tv series in that era could be very successful.

And the TV series set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope can be read about here its anybodys guess when it will actually be released, its been in development and production for years.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm

I'm not saying it won't be popular if it's filled with ass-kicking Jedi in spectacular lightsaber duels with the Sith/Dark Jedi, nor am I saying that I don't want to watch it. I'm just saying I'd appreciate the other one, the one in the Dark Times, more. Maybe not much more, but definitely more.

It's a more entertaining struggle to watch when you can't cut anything you want in half or throw it with your mind, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ØcTavius
Recruit
Recruit
ØcTavius

Class : Sith Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 am

the ewoks ruined the end of return of the jedi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Star Wars Film?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3