Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite Star Wars Film?

Go down 
+10
Darth Hassen
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Atrer
Kesir
Darth Xean
Darth Zelus
Darth_Faisneise
Maltalionis
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Just to get some threads open, I just thought I'd ask. Whats your favourite Star Wars film?
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:40 pm

I can't choose really. I watched the original three all the time when I was growing up, over and over again. I liked the prequel episodes also, unlike some people, so I can't choose...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Mine's a tough choice between 3 and 6. I tend to lean more towards 3 due to its very well done digital animation.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 6:50 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I can't choose really. I watched the original three all the time when I was growing up, over and over again. I liked the prequel episodes also, unlike some people, so I can't choose...

Yeah, its fairly common for people not to like the prequel trilogy. I do think there was a little too much going on in them, saying that my favourite is evenly split between Revenge of the Sith and the Empire Strikes Back.

I think its a shame that they used Natalie Portman as Padme rather than Keira Knightley, the actress who play the queens decoy in the Phantom Menace, she did a far better job in my opinion lol.

Darth Scyreus wrote:
Mine's a tough choice between 3 and 6. I tend to lean more towards 3 due to its very well done digital animation.

But when they did episode 6 there wasn't the digital animation, just think what a remake would be like. Seeing the space battle above Endor like the Space Battle above Coruscant in Revenge of the Sith, that would be awesome. Wouldn't want to replace the actors though lol!.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:19 am

Yes they should remake the last three movies, but have the same actors. It would be awesome and hilarious cause they're all alot older
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 am

DarthBythion wrote:
Yes they should remake the last three movies, but have the same actors. It would be awesome and hilarious cause they're all alot older

They could use different actors. The only one that we'd miss would be Harrison Ford's Han Solo, he was the only decent one out the main cast. They could have Ewan Mcgregor playing Obi-Wan, ageing him would be easy in this day and age, Yoda could remain the same since he was in the prequel trilogy, as could the Emperor (portrayed by Ian Mcdiarmid). Darth Vader would be easily replaced. They could find some one else to play Luke (Mark Hamill was nothing specal). And Leia could be portrayed by Keira Knightly, and then we would have a resemblance between mother and daughter. Bail Organa could be given a part, prior to his death and Mon Mothma can be the one that appeared in cut-scenes of episode III.

It could be done. But I doubt it ever will, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

My favorite was the The Phantom Menace beause it had Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn in it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Darth Fen wrote:
My favorite was the The Phantom Menace beause it had Darth Maul and Qui-Gon Jinn in it.

Ha ha ha, that's most peoples worst Star Wars film. I found it okay. I first saw it back when I was 9 lol, I remember thinking that Dark Sidious and the Emperor were different people, too young to make the obvious connection - still didnt notice when I was about 14 and I saw revenge of the Sith and it was obvious. At 18, looking back, I can't believe I fell for it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 pm

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 pm

did anyone else make the connection between, Senator and later Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidious?

At a young age, I guess I couldn't see how someone could be in two places at once. Plus I didn't actually have it on Video until ages after they came out, just saw them once in the cinema and then moved on lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Well my childhood was basically just watching the old star wars movies on VHS in my parents room over and over again.
And being a child, I didn't think much into the whole secret darth sidious thing, I was just in it for the comedy and action Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:36 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
Well my childhood was basically just watching the old star wars movies on VHS in my parents room over and over again.
And being a child, I didn't think much into the whole secret darth sidious thing, I was just in it for the comedy and action Very Happy.

Good not just me.

And I dont know what everyone's criticisms of the Prequels is, i know the originals are far better; I thought they were great, especally Revenge of the Sith, the space battle above Coruscant at the beginning was awesome.

I think they should have left out Jar-Jar though.

I can tell you if we get a companion in game who is anything like him, I will gut him the first opportunity I get!
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:25 pm

Ya, why does everyone seem to hate the prequels they aren't that bad in my opinion. Jar Jar was just there for (little kids) the classic star wars comedy, though I think C-3PO and R2-D2 were funny enough on there own.
Back to top Go down
Maltalionis
Recruit
Recruit
Maltalionis

Class : Bounty Hunter
Unit : Army

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:37 pm

Out of all of them, I will have to say Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith, in that movie you saw how even a good man can fall into evil, and that most people who are evil believe there are doing the right thing. What I see as the diffrence of good and evil is mainly methodology, how one accomplishes taskes, rather they act with compasion or brutality, love or hate. All through the movies, you see that Darth sidious and the Jedi are both trying to bring peace and order to the galaxy, the main diffrence is how they do it. In SW III you saw how a basicly good man turn evil by changing how he accomplished his tasks, he was willing to kill children to bring order to the galaxy, willing to do things that he knows are wrong for the greater good, so that is why I like the 3rd movie, it seems to be so much more interesting, and shows that most evil people are not evil for the sake of being evil, that they want good goals, but do horrable things to accomplish those goals.
Back to top Go down
http://jhall.animus@gmail.com
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Maltalionis wrote:
Out of all of them, I will have to say Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith, in that movie you saw how even a good man can fall into evil, and that most people who are evil believe there are doing the right thing. What I see as the diffrence of good and evil is mainly methodology, how one accomplishes taskes, rather they act with compasion or brutality, love or hate. All through the movies, you see that Darth sidious and the Jedi are both trying to bring peace and order to the galaxy, the main diffrence is how they do it. In SW III you saw how a basicly good man turn evil by changing how he accomplished his tasks, he was willing to kill children to bring order to the galaxy, willing to do things that he knows are wrong for the greater good, so that is why I like the 3rd movie, it seems to be so much more interesting, and shows that most evil people are not evil for the sake of being evil, that they want good goals, but do horrable things to accomplish those goals.

I agree, as I said above, for me its a tie between Revenge of the Sith and the Empire Strikes Back. Both films really show the temptations of power. It really shows the weakness that Anakin possessed that Luke did not. Anakin was manipulated by the offers of power and the fear of losing the one he loves into turning to the darkside. Luke resisted despite Leia and Han Solo being incarcerated by Vader, and almost died fighting a far superior opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 11:15 pm

Empire Strikes Back is by far the best as far as story and suspense goes, but I always liked Return of the Jedi the best and believe it or not, I also liked Attack of the Clones.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 pm

I like Ep I because it was awesome and I was ten when I first saw it. The podrace and the final fight scene were my favorite parts. I don't know why, but I never really liked Ep II for some reason. Ep III was just incredible, plain and simple. Ep IV was fantastic because it simply is. Ep V, again, not exactly my favorite but still pretty good. And if they had left out the ewoks in Ep VI, I think that one might be my favorite. And I think the reason most people dislike the prequels(ignoring people who just don't like changes to their favorite movie series) is because so many things were acted out in front of a green screen and the actors had to act a lot more than they would have with actual props, if you know what I mean. I saw some behind the scenes stuff, and most of the prequels were just big green rooms with big green plat forms and green blocks and green cylinders and other simple green shapes that were given detail and more complex shape later. Hard to act when you have nothing to act with but a tennis ball on a string, as it were.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Personally I like episodes 1 through 3, but I felt their was just to much going in the sub-plot. The way that the romance between Han and Leia went through episodes 4-6 was very well done because it wasn't too much of the story but you knew it was happening. It's to in your face in 1-3; and the fact that Padme falls in love with a 9 year old, and he with someone much older is just stupid, and hard to believe on her part. But the main plot was very well done, the way that Sidious took over the Republic was brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:09 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Personally I like episodes 1 through 3, but I felt their was just to much going in the sub-plot. The way that the romance between Han and Leia went through episodes 4-6 was very well done because it wasn't too much of the story but you knew it was happening. It's to in your face in 1-3; and the fact that Padme falls in love with a 9 year old, and he with someone much older is just stupid, and hard to believe on her part. But the main plot was very well done, the way that Sidious took over the Republic was brilliant.
Yes! That bothered the hell out of me, but like I said, I was young, so I didn't really care at the time. That's why Ep II was sooooo... 'Meh' for me. To much romance in my sci-fi.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:04 pm

like many i grew up on the original trilogy so im a bit prejudiced but my favourite was either 4 or 5

with episode 4 i liked it obviously cause it was the first i felt attached, to luke he starts his journey into the unknown learning about the force and the dark side of life with vader and obi-wan or ''Ben'' i as a kid put myself in his shoes through that first journey the first experiance of starwars

episode 5 was great just awesome probably my favourite starwars film

episode six i also liked it was a decent end but i wanted more somehow

not so keen on the prequel trilogy but i loved episode 1 it was fresh especially with darth maul and qui gon jin he was beast was gutted when he died

hated episode 2 bleeeh it was a disappointment and episode 3 was good nice effects, but i think in terms of story original trilogy was the best tbf
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:43 pm

I really liked III because it had a lot of action, and it was some-what sad the 1st time I saw it cause I was 5 when I saw it in the theaters, and I loved the Jedi at that time.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Darth Xean wrote:
I really liked III because it had a lot of action, and it was some-what sad the 1st time I saw it cause I was 5 when I saw it in the theaters, and I loved the Jedi at that time.
I almost cried when the Emperor gave Order 66, and I was... 13 at the time. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Darth Xean wrote:
I almost cried when the Emperor gave Order 66, and I was... 13 at the time. Very sad.

that was a very well done scene. though my favortie scene was when anikin was burning and obiwan was yelling at him about being the chosen one i dunno what it was but i really got the feeling he wanted to go down there and help him and ehrn all he got in response was him screamign his hatred i kinda understood why he said the line "the good man who was your father was destroyed" and was so reluctant to belive he could be redeemed
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 pm

One of these days, I have got to get all of the movies and watch a marathon.
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 am

Episode III is my favorite. I can't stand the originals and I know I'll get crap for that but I just can't, it's too old for me. pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Star Wars Film?   What is your favorite Star Wars Film? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Star Wars Film?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next