Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Books

Go down 
+5
Darth Zelus
InquisitorSidious
Darth Romana
Darth Bythion
Maltalionis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Maltalionis
Recruit
Recruit
Maltalionis

Class : Bounty Hunter
Unit : Army

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm

My first introduction to the Star Wars IP (Like many) was through the movies, and I have only recently begun to read into the literature of Star Wars. I have found a deeper understanding into the methos of Star Wars and the more complex ideals and philosophy of the diffrent factions and civilizations within Star Wars. Here, I wanted to set up a place to discuss your thoughts and feeling are to the vast selection of literature for Star Wars...

Here is a list of Star Wars books that I have read (I will update it as a read more...)

Star Wars Republic Commando: Hard Contact
Star Wars Republic Commando: Tripple Zero
Star Wars Republic Commando: True Colors
Star Wars Republic Commando: Order 66
Star Wars Imperial Commando: 501st

Star Wars Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Star Wars Death Troopers

Star Wars Death Star

Boba Fett: A Practical Man

The New Jedi Order: Vector Prime

Last edited by Maltalionis on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:40 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jhall.animus@gmail.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Ok, I've read

Star Wars Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Darth Bane: Path of Destruction

Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (comic) Volume I & II

I think that's all...?
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm not actually that well read of Star Wars literature, but the ones I have read I have really enjoyed.

There is Darth Bane: Parth of Destruction, Rule of Two and Dynasty of Evil, all three are great books in very different ways. Darth Bane and Darth Zannah were very good characters and what I liked about the book is that it gave us the galaxy from the Sith perspective. We play KOTOR, watch SW etc and we always learn the evils of the sith from the Jedi perspective. Bane trilagy showed the Jedi as the villains and the Sith as the Heroes. It showed not (always) necessarily evil but ruthless, power and ambition. We view these dispical acts the Sith comit as evil and vile but are they truely unlike what we in real life would comit? The British (with help from the Americans) bombed Dreson into the ground at the end of the war, for both strategic reasons as well revenge for Coventry, a defenceless City, so is what the Empire did to Alderaan really all that bad, or the Sith and there Sacking of Coruscant? Its respectable, ruthless war strategy and the Darth Bane trilagy showed us that first hand. I also liked the way that all Zannah's and Bane's activities were done in hiding, under the cover of darkness with out the Jedi from knowing.

I did read Fatal Alliance, which was a very good read as well and just got me even more existed about the game. I was most interested in the parts with the Sith in (from time to time whilst reading the lightly less interesting parts with the Jedi and the Troopers i found my self flicking forward to see who far it was until the next Sith chapter). It indrduced a Sith Apprentice who there is a good chance we will meet in game at similar age to her book appearance, as well as her Masters Darth Chartis and Darth Howl. The book just gave you huge insite into how the classes will work and how the story will make them different, Bounty Hunters eg wont be able to command loyalty of the Empire's troopers like the Sith classes who in the hirearcy of the Sith tower above the Imperial Agent and the BH, It also shows the respect that the Sith have for the elite "cipher agents" (who IA will be playing as in game). It was also intresting at a point because the IA in the story (not a cipher) was reluctant to help the Sith out and assist her in her goals, he had a look on the Empire as a good government of stability regardless of the fact it was run by Sith, he surved the Minsiter of Intelligence and Logistics and would far rather deal with them than the Sith. (ill comment more about FA later)

I also throughly enjoyed the Legacy comics although I found Cade Skywalker extremely irritating and arrogant. Interesting differences in the Sith (also very similar to TOR Sith). Darth Maladi, my avatar, is my favourite character. She is an ice cold character who is totally in control of her emotions; she is extremely powerful and manipulative and never foolish when it comes to her own life, my SI in TOR will be based alot on her. (i'll coment more about Legacy later)
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
InquisitorSidious
Recruit
Recruit
InquisitorSidious

Class : Writer
Unit : Sith Order

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 6:56 pm

*Stretches* Finally back home and active. Back to the important things...

Star Wars EU! I have (of course) been a Star Wars film fan for many years, since I was a child. I knew of the books when they really started out with Zahn's books. I refused to read them (despite being a reader...and writer) out of fear, I didn't want to have my favorite thing of all time tainted by 100 different views and outcomes.

Finally (and not too long really, couldn't stay away) I gave up and started reading them. I couldn't stop. It was like I had found a whole new way to experience Star Wars. So naturally, I started to collect the books, also. First edition hardcovers...I had to have them.

Anyways! When I saw this thread I had to jump in...I'd love to see this continue on. Here's what I'll throw out there, this may even help me with my own writing if you know my job:

1) What's your favorite SW book? Why?
2) I'll continue to post wrhatever book I'm curently reading, I'd really like to start an ongoing open-ended discussion about them. It will be like a Sith Empire OOC book club! I have just finished RE-READING the Bane trilogy (4 out of 5 stars for all three books imo), and I'm about to start SWTOR Deceived. Has anyone read Deceived? How'd you like it? What would you rate it? Etc...

Excuse any grammar or mis-spellings...use a Netbook for forums cruising.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

I havent really read much of the literature, though i have every starwars comic on my computer (minus the webcomic coming out staring satele shan, i think its entitled the lost suns or something) i have read the entire knights of the old republic comics its the story about Zayne Carrick and is extremely good also has some cameos and appearances of characters from kotor such as malik, revan, vrook, atris though they are all very minor also i have read all of the 'tales of jedi' series which is about the tale of naga sadow and how he later colonizes onderpn and dxun in the early years hence why its known as a darkside world (and explains later about freddon nadds tomb on dxun), the rise and fall of exar kun and uliq kel droma nad his eventual redemption returning to the lightside

im slowly getting through them though its alot if anyones interested in downloading them give me a shout and ill give you all the stuff you'll need
Back to top Go down
InquisitorSidious
Recruit
Recruit
InquisitorSidious

Class : Writer

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Darth Zelus,

As a collector, I'd love to get the PC items you have!
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

I've read a few more SW books since my last post, they're all based around the Old Republic time period, posted below. I will put a number to the right of the books from a 1-10 scale. Question marks "?" mean I had a hard time coming up with a number.

• Star Wars: Fatal Alliance

• Star Wars: Deceived (almost finished)

• Star Wars: Red Harvest

Fatal Alliance and Deceived are two very specifically "swtor" books, though they are set apart by a number of years. Red Harvest is set in the Old Republic time period, but doesn't touch upon any of the known characters from other lore.

Fatal alliance is set in the year 3,643 BBY, around ten years before the treaty of Coruscant was signed (deceived novel). It mainly follows the story of a Sith apprentice, an ex-Blackstar squad Republic trooper, a Jedi Padawan, a low level undercover Imperial Agent, a witty smuggler, and a Mandalorian who always seems to be one step ahead of the rest. The story also has a cameo appearance of Jedi Master Satele Shan, who is/was the master of the Jedi padawan.

Deceived is set in the year 3,653 BBY the date that the Sith attacked Coruscant and forced the Republic into a hard peace. It's about Darth Malgus and a young jedi knight. The Jedi killed at the end of the Deceived trailer is Master Zallow, the jedi knights former master. It really shows how complex the Sith Politics are.

Red Harvest is mostly about a Sith Lord (the master of an academy) on planet Odacer-Faustin, who wants to gain immortality. He has a holocron on how to do it from an ancient Sith and he plans to follow it out no matter the cost, to him or is students... It is a Star Wars book that brings in horror to the series, which isn't a road usually crossed in star wars. Warning, it's a bit gory.

Last edited by Darth Bythion on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:14 pm

InquisitorSidious wrote:
Darth Zelus,

As a collector, I'd love to get the PC items you have!

there all high quality scans of the original comics, do you download torrents?

if not then download vuze torrent downloader (it used ti be called azureus or somrthing) and download the torrents of pirate bay and/ or isohunt

you will also need to download a program called cdisplay to view them (when you first use it press f10 when you open cdisplay to load stuff)

the links are http://www.vuze.com/ <--- vuze torrent downloader

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/283432209/star+wars+comics?tab=summary <--- torrent (click download torrent after you've installed vuze

http://www.downloadsource.net/18912/CDisplay-Comic-Reader/ <--- Cdsiplay download

when everything is finished downloading just open cdisplay press and click load (or just press L) the go onto vuze downloads were-ever there saved on the desktop ('vuze downloads' should be the default file were the torrent files save themselves) and begging viewing

i dont think you need to use anything to open any zip or rar files but just in case you have to use a program to extracct cdisplay i suggest jzip as its effective and is free
Back to top Go down
Melvanor Starstrider
Recruit
Recruit
Melvanor Starstrider

Class : Operative

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Here is waht i've read;

Star wars: TOR - Decived

Star wars: Death Troopers

Star wars The Old Republic Comic - Volume I - Blood Of The Empire

Star wars I

Star wars II

Star wars III

Star wars IV

Star wars V

Star wars VI
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Melvanor Starstrider wrote:
Here is waht i've read;

Star wars: TOR - Decived

Star wars: Death Troopers

Star wars The Old Republic Comic - Volume I - Blood Of The Empire

Star wars I

Star wars II

Star wars III

Star wars IV

Star wars V

Star wars VI

Have you not read the threat for peace webcomic on tor? that was there first webcomic, blood of the empire was there second webcomic
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:43 pm

I've read so many Star Wars novels, it's ridiculous and could be classified as an obsession/fetish. Laughing Cool

I've read the entire Yuuzahn Vong series, LOTF, the Jedi Academy Trilogy, the Darth Bane trilogy, the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, the Thrawn trilogy, the first two of Dark Nest Trilogy and Corellian Trilogy, the first two of FOTJ, the first two of the X-Wing novels, Fatal Alliance, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, MedStar I, Shatterpoint, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, The New Rebellion, and Millennium Falcon. I've also read some of the junior novels.

I'm currently reading Knight Errant and Abyss along with two non-Star Wars books. One is The Great Arab Conquests. How the Spread of Islam Changed the World We Live In by Hugh Kennedy and 1632 by Eric Flint.

Yes I'm a multi-tasker. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Class : Sith Marauder

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 pm

I've read:

The Legacy of The Force Series
The Darth Bane Trilogy
Fatal Alliance and Deception of The Old Republic Series (I can't wait for the upcoming Revan novel!)

I'm currently reading:

Death Troopers
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Darth Bane Trilogy
Deceived

Yeah I know I should read more.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:
Darth Bane Trilogy
Deceived

Yeah I know I should read more.

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Wars Books Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Books   Star Wars Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Books
Page 1 of 1