Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saddest Video Game Trailer

Go down 
+5
Darth Xean
Atrer
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Darth Romana
Darth Bythion
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Saddest Video Game Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 pm

I don't know if yall have seen the Dead Island (zombie horror survival game) cinematic trailer that was released yesterday, but I just thought I should share it. I personally think that it is probably the most moving/sad cinematic trailers for a game, that I have ever seen. I'm going to post the video below. I'm very intrigued about this game and I want to know what you think. There is a bit of gore and violence so if you don't like that kind of stuff you probably shouldn't watch.

Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:34 pm

The entire horror genre, games, books and films freaks me out too much, I watched the first 15 seconds and couldn't continue, I really hate anything to do with gore, and all that - especially if children are involved.

As an animal lover I found this cinimatic for Fable III very sad:

Fair enough it doesn't compare to the other one but it still ends sadly for that poor chicken..... I will try and think of something else too.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Lol, ya it is sad. I was surprised that they made a cinematic about a chicken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:14 pm

haha ya whenever I got my Fable 3 it amused me but I think the chicken is symbolic towards the people and the chef is the King. Just my thoughts anyways
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
Lol, ya it is sad. I was surprised that they made a cinematic about a chicken...

I know, when you think of the words "revolution" and "rebellion" you don't instantly then think "chicken". Despite that, its an effective cinimatic that is assisted greatly by having a great actor, Zoe Wannamaker, voicing over it. And yeah, its symbolic.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 pm

Ya... but with a chicken tongue

I like things that are dramatic and sad sometimes. Movies and games that make you feel real emotions, great works of art.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I like things that are dramatic and sad sometimes. Movies and games that make you feel real emotions, great works of art.

I belive that is Lucas's one true success with the prequel trilogy. He did Order 66 beautifully, it was sad and dramatic - and their was such a sense of betrayal, Jedi fighting with their troops and then suddenly getting shot down by them and then Vader's mass assassination of the unexpecting separatist council.
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I don't know if yall have seen the Dead Island (zombie horror survival game) cinematic trailer that was released yesterday, but I just thought I should share it. I personally think that it is probably the most moving/sad cinematic trailers for a game, that I have ever seen. I'm going to post the video below. I'm very intrigued about this game and I want to know what you think. There is a bit of gore and violence so if you don't like that kind of stuff you probably shouldn't watch.

I certainly won't be playing that. I'll stick with CoD. Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
DarthBythion wrote:

I belive that is Lucas's one true success with the prequel trilogy. He did Order 66 beautifully, it was sad and dramatic - and their was such a sense of betrayal, Jedi fighting with their troops and then suddenly getting shot down by them and then Vader's mass assassination of the unexpecting separatist council.
Agreed.
I never really understood why people hated the prequels so much (well Episode I could use some touching up) but other than that I mean seriously a lot of the stuff like Order 66 was flawlessly executed.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 pm

I also must agree that the Order 66 scene was very well done. You felt the betrayal that the Jedi felt, especially when you see Yoda feeling the resulting disturbance in the force.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:52 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
especially when you see Yoda feeling the resulting disturbance in the force.

Ah yeah, it breaks from the fighting and you just see Yoda clutching his heart and droping his stick before it returns to the fighting. After I see Order 66 I always try and see the end of Return of the Jedi to cheer me up lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:56 pm

lol! Hahahah best trailer ever. Poor chiken.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:20 pm

I really wawnt Dead Island looks class it better be good, i decent survival horror for a change left 4 dead and dead rising are good but take the piss and aren't serious at all :/
Back to top Go down
Melvanor Starstrider
Recruit
Recruit
Melvanor Starstrider

Class : Operative

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 am

DarthBythion wrote:

I almost cry Sad
Back to top Go down
Melvanor Starstrider
Recruit
Recruit
Melvanor Starstrider

Class : Operative

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am

Darth Romana wrote:
The entire horror genre, games, books and films freaks me out too much, I watched the first 15 seconds and couldn't continue, I really hate anything to do with gore, and all that - especially if children are involved.

As an animal lover I found this cinimatic for Fable III very sad:

Fair enough it doesn't compare to the other one but it still ends sadly for that poor chicken..... I will try and think of something else too.

Why on earth is he the only white chicken?! :S
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 pm

To show that he's different from the rest of the mundane chickens What a Face. Because the trailer is a comparison of the game's story line.
Back to top Go down
Draebyan
Recruit
Recruit
Draebyan

Unit : Army

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 pm

the trailer of Dead Island is just amazing !!

they did a great job by reversing the whole scene Smile , it's like romero was behind

hope it will be as good as the taste it left
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 pm

nOograss wrote:

they did a great job by reversing the whole scene Smile , it's like romero was behind

Yeah, I agree. The only thing that worries me is that the trailer is pretty much just a CGI short film and they didn't actually show any gameplay. But It's only a minor worry because the trailer is pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Turik Khan wrote:
nOograss wrote:

Yeah, I agree. The only thing that worries me is that the trailer is pretty much just a CGI short film and they didn't actually show any gameplay. But It's only a minor worry because the trailer is pretty sweet.

Many games these days display themselves as a grand epic in these unrealistic short trailers. I don't wish to place blame anywhere other than the marketing industry. It seems to me at least, that deceptive advertisement has because intertwined in many cultures these days. Which is sad because if your product is truly worth it you shouldn't have to be deceptive in the first place.

Edit: Same thing with how every damn movie is Movie Of The Year.
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:
Turik Khan wrote:
nOograss wrote:

Many games these days display themselves as a grand epic in these unrealistic short trailers. I don't wish to place blame anywhere other than the marketing industry. It seems to me at least, that deceptive advertisement has because intertwined in many cultures these days. Which is sad because if your product is truly worth it you shouldn't have to be deceptive in the first place.

Edit: Same thing with how every damn movie is Movie Of The Year.

Oh I agree, the trailer serves its purpose in piquing my interest, but I'm going to be keeping my eyes and ears peeled when it comes time to put down the money for it.

Critics agree this is the #1 Off Topic Post of the year!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:39 am

Darth Romana wrote:

As an animal lover I found this cinimatic for Fable III very sad
Poor chicken! But its so yummy in my tummy.... lol
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm

This is how I like to think of the Dead Island Trailer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saddest Video Game Trailer   Saddest Video Game Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saddest Video Game Trailer
Page 1 of 1