Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favourite TV advert?

Go down 
+4
Darth Zelus
Darth Xean
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

What is your favourite TV advert?   Empty
PostSubject: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:28 pm

A while back I noticed that a couple of you had been discussing your favourite TV ads (or commercials as you might call it?), and I thought to help bring the forums back to life another thread should be opened! So why not this!

So everyone post the video(s) here, if you don't know how - just copy the youtube link and then press the video button on the toolbar above the editing space

Awesome advert, depics the 122 years hovis had been around from the women suffragettes wanting the vote, the soilders happily marching off to fight for king and country in the 1st world war, London during the battle of Britian, the celebrations of the accession of Elizabeth II, the English win of the 1966 world cup, the 1980s minors strike and the passing of the meleniam. Won dozens of awards so its not just my opinion!

My other favorite is:

Had allot of well known celebs in it including Dannie Monogue, Twiggy, Peter Kay and more...

So i'm sure you have ads you really like, and like you probably haven't seen the ones I posted I probably won't have seen yours.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:48 am

I really like your first commercial, it is historical and well done.

This commercial was made by Dodge for the USA vs. England soccer game. I love the fact that they put George Washington in one of the Challengers. Just out of curiosity, Romana, how do you feel when you watch this commercial, since you're British? Do you laugh, are you inspired, do you just think the car is cool, or something more sinister Shocked?

This is from the Discovery Channel on Tv, about loving the world... king
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 pm

I didn't actually see the Dodge commercial but I did read about it in the newspapers (see here for an example), not only were we competing against the USA in the first round of the World Cup we were both dealing with the fall out of the BP oil disaster which saw the media from each side of the Atlantic competing against each other as the British media and public openly and publicly supported BP and blamed the US for the oil spill; we saw various adverts advocating British corporations and vilifying American ones like Kraft. I can't speak from experience but I expect it was similar in the USA (vice versa).

Seeing the advert its hard to describe how I feel as I am very patriotic, and a strong supporter of the Monarchy and the Aristocracy and generally stand for everything George Washington doesn't. At the same time we remember that at the end of the War for Independence (or Revolutionary War as you know it) we did have to admit defeat and grant you independence (luckily we got our own back in 1812 by sacking Washinton DC lol) .

I suppose generally I can only feel amused, as an American you will be inspired by George Washington like I might be Nelson, Wellington, Churchill or Thatcher but I would find it hard to be inspired seeing them all in positions such as defeating there enemy using modern means.

It certainly does its job as an advert, its memorable after all... Was does it advertise?
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 pm

It advertises the Dodge Challenger, the commercial pretty much says that Dodge makes good cars and we need to buy them tongue .
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
It advertises the Dodge Challenger, the commercial pretty much says that Dodge makes good cars and we need to buy them tongue .

Its weird that outside of this advert I've never heard of it lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:00 pm

lol, you probably have cars over there that I've never seen before either.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
lol, you probably have cars over there that I've never seen before either.

I doubt it, the only British Cars now is Rolls Royce which im pretty sure you've heard of.

Cars here are generally universal foreign owned: Ford, BMW, Citroen, Voltswagen etc.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:34 pm

Ah, well that's a shame, but... Rolls Royce is a pretty good car company.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
Ah, well that's a shame, but... Rolls Royce is a pretty good car company.

Expensive though lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Heres' a list of some of my favorite TV adds

Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 am

DarthBythion wrote:
I really like your first commercial, it is historical and well done.

This commercial was made by Dodge for the USA vs. England soccer game. I love the fact that they put George Washington in one of the Challengers. Just out of curiosity, Romana, how do you feel when you watch this commercial, since you're British? Do you laugh, are you inspired, do you just think the car is cool, or something more sinister Shocked?

And that is hhow we british failed to stop the american revolution they have good cars, i damn well want an american muscle car there lush but you rarely see them over here, good old 67' shelby cobra gt500 or a 67' mustang things of beauty What is your favourite TV advert?   Images%3Fq%3D67%2Bshelby%2Bgt500%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D530%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=771&vpy=109&dur=4152&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=162&ty=76&oei=geiBTfSZMcawhQft--i4BA&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0 What is your favourite TV advert?   Images%3Fq%3D67%2Bmustang%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D530%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=931&vpy=104&dur=1191&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=123&ty=98&oei=tuiBTYf3EJS0hAf_9oG0BA&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0 we cant make cars for shit :/

i liked this advert all of the doritto adverts are awesome as well lol :')

Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 am

Foo Fighter wrote:
And that is hhow we british failed to stop the american revolution they have good cars, i damn well want an american muscle car there lush but you rarely see them over here, good old 67' shelby cobra gt500 or a 67' mustang things of beauty

They must have been driving Citroen and SEATs too from their French and Spanish allies/suppliers - us Brits in our posh, expensive Rolls Royces couldn't stand a chance lol - we should have used our Land Rovers! Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 am

indeed but our posh counter parts cant be seen in land rovers now can they :/ bunch of twats :L

we have no sense
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Foo Fighter wrote:
indeed but our posh counter parts cant be seen in land rovers now can they :/ bunch of twats :L

we have no sense

I don't know.... George Washington was a fairly posh Brit, he wasn't driving a Rolls Royce lol.

And another ad I like is:

Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I'm surprised no one's put up this cute video.

Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:46 pm

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:

Lol had never seen that one, but i've heard about it - first shown during the super-ball right?

It reminds me of this advert:

Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:08 am

I'm not really a fan of commercials they make me feel sick.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:23 am

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:

lol well this made my morning Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Hers's another one of my favorite ads

Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Darth Xean wrote:
Hers's another one of my favorite ads

lol!
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:21 pm

Here this is alright, it never made it to TV but the people who made it tried to get it on.
This one is for lulz.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 pm

how do you get the videos to show up in the post? do you just have to copy and paste the link? sorry if it's a dumb question i just haven't tried it yet.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:
how do you get the videos to show up in the post? do you just have to copy and paste the link? sorry if it's a dumb question i just haven't tried it yet.

i think along the top in the 'post a reply' section look for the button with a film real called 'video' and click it it should alow you to post in a youtube video link just copy and paste a link into the bar that comes up and it should work

It took me a little while to notice thats what you had to do as well :L
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

You gotta admit, this is hilarious and random.
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:44 pm

Darth Xean wrote:
You gotta admit, this is hilarious and random.

Very! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favourite TV advert?    What is your favourite TV advert?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favourite TV advert?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next