Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Server

Go down 
+6
Streiter
Asmoral
Darth Romana
Melvanor Starstrider
Darth Bythion
TMILL
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TMILL
Corporal
Corporal
TMILL

Class : Mercenary Bounty Hunter

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm

I was wondering what timezone the server the guild will be in is located in, if it has even been decided yet.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, because we have a few members from Europe in the guild (Romana for one) we will be placed in a Eastern US server when the game is launched. So that they don't have as much lag, as if we were in a Western US server.
Back to top Go down
TMILL
Corporal
Corporal
TMILL

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
Well, because we have a few members from Europe in the guild (Romana for one) we will be placed in a Eastern US server when the game is launched. So that they don't have as much lag, as if we were in a Western US server.

that works out great,my friends and i are on a west server on WoW and it tends to lag from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Melvanor Starstrider
Recruit
Recruit
Melvanor Starstrider

Class : Operative

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:

Ah man! Really? I dont think my internet can handle that. Crying or Very sad

Im from Sweden, far up in the North-EU Sad
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Sorry man, we're just going to have to see if that works. Because most of the guild is from the US and a few like you are from EU so the is the easiest compensation. I'm crossing my fingers right now.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Melvanor Starstrider wrote:
Darth Bythion wrote:

Ah man! Really? I dont think my internet can handle that. Crying or Very sad

Im from Sweden, far up in the North-EU Sad

I've nearly always played on US servers and I've never had a problem with lag - and my internet isn't the greatest lol. A East server would be fairly central for those in from eastern America as far as western Europe
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Class : Sith Marauder

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:48 am

I'll be moving back to the states soon for my next assignment/duty station. So I'll be able to attend organized guild pvp/rp/pve eventts.

I hope the guild decides to go to PVP server. XD
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Class : Sith Juggernaut

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 am

Thats good to hear Asmoral.

As for server, I am hoping we go RP first, and then PVP. But I have discussed this. There should be a vote implemented soon.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:57 am

I'm looking forward to said vote. I have reason to believe my pvp cause will put up quite the fight. Though I'm also looking forward to it because we'll be able recruit properly. (Once all the changes are completed. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Unit : Sith Order

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 10:41 am

As much as I think PvP adds to depth I'm kind of with Streiter on this one, but I'll save it for when we take a vote Razz
East coast works fine for me, im on the west coast but I work nights which was a bit of a conflict in the past with some guilds whose raid times were pacific evenings which would cause them to fall right near the times I would have to be getting ready/leaving for work.

Hopefully the difference in timezone will help offset that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 11:51 am

the only way id join a RP server is if there was still open world pvp within the RP server
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:
the only way id join a RP server is if there was still open world pvp within the RP server

Well according to the info in this thread there are open world PvP areas even on PvE servers, I don't know if that applies to RP servers as well but I don't see why it wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah, but I like the added thrill of being flagged at all times. I don't it just makes the game seem more realistic to me. I understand that some people don't like this but there's also people that like this added challenge.

(Imagine organized guild pvp events were several teams of guild members lay wait in ambush. Great youtube footage right there. -nods-)
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Asmoral wrote:
Yeah, but I like the added thrill of being flagged at all times. I don't it just makes the game seem more realistic to me. I understand that some people don't like this but there's also people that like this added challenge.

(Imagine organized guild pvp events were several teams of guild members lay wait in ambush. Great youtube footage right there. -nods-)

exactly my point, why have different sides if you can't openly attack them?
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 pm

It's going to be a great debate for deciding the future home server of the guild. I'm also wondering is what will be the main focus of the guild? PvE? (Raiding, Questing, Etc) PvP? (Wargrounds?) RP? (O.o)

I realize that the guild is pretty balanced at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:

There are PvP areas in an RP server, you just have to toggle PvP on/off for you character.

I personally like being in PvP all of the time, but as some people have said ganking can be a real problem if you can't switch it off. But we'll see when we vote. I personally hope that there is a RP-PvP/RP-PvE server on launch.
Back to top Go down
TMILL
Corporal
Corporal
TMILL

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 5:53 pm

PvP is a must for me personally, ive never played on a non PvP server. I can tell that this guild is heavily involved with RP which personally i have little to no interest in so i will definitely be pushing for a PvP server.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 7:58 pm

As I said before even on PvP servers the Capital and beginning worlds are non-PvP.

PvE servers have Wargrounds and Open PvP worlds, just not as much as PVP servers.

RP servers so far are PvE only. But once again there are open PvP worlds on PvE servers and Wargrounds.

I say we go stick with RP server and hope for a RP-PvP server.

EDITED

As for why stick with a roleplay server...all of our officers seem to want to roleplay, our previous and new guild rankings and even the sith master/apprentice system aims for roleplay. In a straight pvp server...it will have a hard time working...unless there is a pvp server chosen by roleplayers to be the unofficial rp/pvp server...or SWTOR makes a RP/PvP server.
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:33 am

Streiter wrote:
As I said before even on PvP servers the Capital and beginning worlds are non-PvP.

PvE servers have Wargrounds and Open PvP worlds, just not as much as PVP servers.

RP servers so far are PvE only. But once again there are open PvP worlds on PvE servers and Wargrounds.

I say we go stick with RP server and hope for a RP-PvP server.

EDITED

As for why stick with a roleplay server...all of our officers seem to want to roleplay, our previous and new guild rankings and even the sith master/apprentice system aims for roleplay. In a straight pvp server...it will have a hard time working...unless there is a pvp server chosen by roleplayers to be the unofficial rp/pvp server...or SWTOR makes a RP/PvP server.

Pretty much all of this.
We're putting a lot of time into forming an rp system of ranking promotions and putting a lot of stock into roleplaying as a whole. It's been my experience at least that pure PvP servers don't usually make RPers feel welcome. I'm holding out for a PvP/RP server, but I doubt we'll see them at release.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Yeah I highly doubt they will make hybrid servers. You can still RP on a PvP server, or on any kind of server for that matter all the RP is just making it so you can go into enemies areas and not be attacked but I personally think that having the opportunity of being attack at any time adds to the excitement of the game-play and RPing on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Darth Sneaky, the point we are making that you seem to keep missing is this.

PvPers in general do not look favorably on roleplayers.

A roleplay server is a PvE server, where roleplayers can gather to...Roleplay. It helps keep the Roleplayers together so they have more people to roleplay with.

There wont be a roleplay pvp server, as far as we have gotten to know.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

the point you keep missing that not everyone is this guild is that into RP.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:13 pm

True, but the majority are.

Look we can throw it to a vote, I am gonna make a new thread.

People vote, we see where it goes. If it goes one way I am sure people will leave, and people will leave if it goes another.
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

Streiter wrote:
True, but the majority are.

Look we can throw it to a vote, I am gonna make a new thread.

People vote, we see where it goes. If it goes one way I am sure people will leave, and people will leave if it goes another.

Yep, best to decide this now because whatever the outcome some people aren't going to be displeased, but it needs to be decided.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

yea, a poll might not of been the best idea...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Server   Guild Server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Server
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next