Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Free Character Concepts/ commision work

Go down 
+3
Darth Romana
Darth_Faisneise
Darth Zelus
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor
Unit : Sith Order

Free Character Concepts/ commision work Empty
PostSubject: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 9:50 am

Hey Guys so i've decided that as my future career and hobby i am aiming to be a concept artist and designer for mainly games and such, i've been doing a fine art course but i havent been enjoying it at all.

What I am planning on doing is getting a part time job and i will ne saving up for a wacom intuos4 (size medium/ A4 paper size) graphics tablet and some programs such as painter 11, maybe z brush and what not i may also star building a new desktop since my last one died

anyway ill be limited to what I can do for the moment giving the fact i dont have all of my desired equipment and i'm approaching my collage deadlines but ill get them to you as soon as i can even for now it may just be scanned concept sketches and whatnot until I go over them in photoshop

If you post in comments or maybe PM me ill get to your request asap it'll help hugley on your end if you give as much description and character background detail as you can and maybe send me links and such, it'll help out hugely for all of us if i can get as much references as i can for your character requests (just so you know they dont necessarily have to be TOR related i have no real problems if its for something else)

If you can bare with me its still a learning experience for me to hone my skills but hey you may get a cool character concept art when i'm done, it'll be a first-come-first-served bases to be fair unless its easier for me so that i can get through as much as i can but be patient there not likely to get done as soon as you send me the request (I'm not quite at that level yet :L)

So yeah drop me a PM or post telling me what you think even your encouragement and support helps so thanks all and ill get to work as soon as i can, just wait till i get my graphics tablet Very Happy

I'm using photoshop cs4 and a free software called 'alchemy' at the moment for work i should be getting Photoshop cs5 for free of a work colleague and i may get Corel painter 11 and maybe zbrush just depends on what funds i can raise, and please no donations thanks i'll work on raising the money myself and it just wouldn't feel right to scrounge of you guys

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop a request, no matter how crazy just try to keep them from being to perverse or anything im not into drawing crap like that though i don't mind a bit of an erotic vibe just so long as its toned down. Peace.

Also any concept ideas or suggestions for droids are openly accepted i have an interests in droids, cyborgs and mechas so feel free to drop a suggestion or idea, like i said its all so i can improve my skills, feel free to comment on future works that ill post up and judge them, suggestions on bad points to improve and what ever are greatly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Actually, I have a couple of characters I would love see come to visual life, and only one of them is my TOR character. The other two are characters in my fictional/semi-steampunk story. It's a very silly story. If you're up for drawing either of them, do let me know. As for tips... Make sure you stick to your part time job as much as possible and don't spend money on frivolous stuff, i.e. no movies, no really expensive foods, watch less TV and get used to using candles instead of the lights. You will save up much faster. Also, try walking more instead of driving.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:48 pm

I'd love your you to bring my TOR character to 'visual life', as Darth_Faisneise put it.

For the money end of it, if you build up a good portfolio of good commissioned art you can then offer charged commissions. Before going to Uni a friend of mine use to do commissions, like you she's an illustratrator and wants to go into concept art, and depending on how much time she spent on a commission she could get anything from £20 to over £100 for it.

I have done a few graphic commissions my self (as I am a graphic design student) for guild websites, designing logo banner etc. I've never charged though, i've offered it and given it to the guilds leaders who seem like nice people.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:06 pm

nice one, well as i said im offering a chance to bring characters to 'visual life' (just dont expect to much lol dont want you to be disappointed :L)

dont hesitate just drop me a message or post name of character information and references and anything to make my life easier even for a pose you want or some discription of the scene there at (if im planning out an action scene of anything in the background so for now i think ill just still with basic poses and such) and the characters dont have to be tor im open for anything, different commissions will help me test my skills and see which kind of styles i prefer)

as i said it's just to help me improve if i finish a concept and you dont like it, when i improve ill try redoing it and it should come out better second time (maybe....) sooner i can start practising the better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Alright then! Here's the story with the characters, if you want something specific as opposed to just drawing what you want, let me know. As for my TOR character, look here, there will be a link on that first page somewhere to my description.

There's hyperlinks in the post, if you can't tell.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:36 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Alright then! Here's the story with the characters, if you want something specific as opposed to just drawing what you want, let me know. As for my TOR character, look here, there will be a link on that first page somewhere to my description.

i dont mind drawing from my mind but i may just see how i go if yiu just give me the info to go on for now cheers, and i cant seem to find your basis for your tor character, just drop me a message or post just be as specific as possible for any major details, cant say it'll come out as you hope it will lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth_Faisneise wrote:

i dont mind drawing from my mind but i may just see how i go if yiu just give me the info to go on for now cheers, and i cant seem to find your basis for your tor character, just drop me a message or post just be as specific as possible for any major details, cant say it'll come out as you hope it will lol Smile
Here, second post. Good luck, and I like seeing how people draw my characters, I love getting different perceptions.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Nice i'll do it as soon as i can, ill be able to show people some kind of artistic ability im still just practising concept sketches and coming up with rough ideas, when i get my graphic tablet thats when shit starts, ill redo or go over any art that i post when i get my graphic tablet to improve
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm

I hope I don't overload you, but could you do Faxdi? Pretty please? If so, here's the info. Also if you do it, could you color it?

BTW, I'm Qymaen. Smile

Also could somehow incorporate this into the suit, too?

Last edited by Arf'axdi'nuruodo on Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Because I've been waiting months for the B.A.R.T. thread to respond.

Name: Atrer
Nickname: N/A
Species: Human
Profession: N/A

Appearance: Long flowing black robes with hood up. Wears a mask like this Free Character Concepts/ commision work 307sozd the middle white and the outside parts black, has part of his hair hanging over the mask, you can see his tunic partially under his robe.

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair Style: Shaggy Free Character Concepts/ commision work Andyandben
(My bad for the model like photo justd the closest to what I had imagined.

Eye Color: Hazel
Build: Slim, Lean muscular
Height: 5,5
Weight: 146 lbs

Weapon(s): Dual Light sabers (Red)
Armor: Black and Grey thick cloth tunic
Personality: Intelligent, cunning, and secretive.

Background: Atrer was found when he was in his teens by a Sith master going under the guise of a mercantile teacher. He was sent to the academy on Dromund Kaas and trained, nearly killing his master in a sparing session.

Other: Simply want him standing in the middle looking up into the sky.
If possible It would be nice if the sky was drawn, it would be a redish orange color like on Korriban.

If possible please with color.

THANK YOU affraid

Last edited by Darth Atrer on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:34 am

NIce one as i said dont hesitate to overload me the more references the better but i may add an original touch if i feel its necessary, ill get to them as soon as i can but i do have to prioritise my collage work for the mean time and in regards to colour il try my best if i scan it into photoshop i'll try to edit it but im still a noob kind off when it comes to digital concepts im just used to pen and paper, it might just be black and white for now untill i improve and get my graphics tablet it'll just take longer given i dont have it yet i need to save up £400 for the one im getting.

I may scan it and send it to you in a message in stages so you can see how its going and feel free to comment on it if theres any changes or major details you'd like me to change

Also if you could add me on the TOR forums it just makes it easier for me to keep track and message me now and then to remind me im afraid i may get sidetracked with other stuff, my Name in the forums is Kogarasumaru also if you have any last minute changes in your character design or anything that you want changed feel free to message me and ill simply touch it up, it's still a learning experience for me so be patient with me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 am

Darth Atrer wrote:
Because I've been waiting months for the B.A.R.T. thread to respond.

Name: Atrer
Nickname: N/A
Species: Human
Profession: N/A

Appearance: Long flowing black robes with hood up. Wears a mask like this http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=sith...fset=0#/dsuuca the middle white and the outside parts black, has part of his hair hanging over the mask, you can see his tunic partially under his robe.

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair Style: Shaggy https://2img.net/h/i631.photobucket.com/albums/u...OhMy/mgmt3.jpg (Guy on the left)

Eye Color: Hazel
Build: Slim, Lean muscular
Height: 5,5
Weight: 146 lbs

Weapon(s): Dual Light sabers (Red)
Armor: Black and Grey thick cloth tunic
Personality: Intelligent, cunning, and secretive.

Background: Atrer was found when he was in his teens by a Sith master going under the guise of a mercantile teacher. He was sent to the academy on Dromund Kaas and trained, nearly killing his master in a sparing session.

Other: Simply want him standing in the middle looking up into the sky.
If possible It would be nice if the sky was drawn, it would be a redish orange color like on Korriban.

If possible please with color.

THANK YOU affraid

If you could send me another link to the images or post them that would be great, for some reason i couldn't find the images when i clicked on the links, and to keep it original i'll maybe tweek the mask and hair and such a little so its not an exact copy, i have a few concept ideas in mind already but bear with me, when i improve my skills ill promise ill go back and redo all my initial requests so there even better, and for the dual lightsabers was there a set design for the hilts are they the same model for each hilt or two different looking models? ill try not to make them too complex when i do them
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:48 am

Alright man thanks for taking the time to do this. And I get on the images when I get back I got school atm. Smile
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 am

Darth Atrer wrote:
Alright man thanks for taking the time to do this. And I get on the images when I get back I got school atm. Smile

No Problem
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:

No Problem
Updated with photo's lemme know if you need more. As for the lightsaber hilts you are free to do whatever you want. The picture itself is going to be a representation of my character before the TOR universe so it doesn't matter. Fancy is good though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:54 am

Darth Atrer wrote:
Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:

No Problem
Updated with photo's lemme know if you need more. As for the lightsaber hilts you are free to do whatever you want. The picture itself is going to be a representation of my character before the TOR universe so it doesn't matter. Fancy is good though. Razz

For the mask it looks and gives a very mandolorian feel were you wanting it to be simialr to the mandolorians i just din't want to make it look too mandolorian i'll make some concepts either way and i'll start with some basic portraits fist before i make some live scenes
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:15 am

To keep everything fair though it'll be a first come first served type basis so ill try and get to doing Darth Faisneise's Tor character (I may have to leave your steampunk request till a bit latter cause i'll need more time to do them sorry dude), then i'll do faxti chiss imperial agent and then Atrer's sith warror, i've got a few ideas for everyone when i read the info so i may jump straight into doing a landscape type action scenes rather than a portraits if im feeling risky, either or but i may just stick to portrats frst and if they came out okay ill move onto expanding them if there to everyones standards, when you look at the initial portrait ideas and designs ill send them in a message or on this thread then you can pick out which concept you like more (if theres several or more differrent ones) and when i plan out a scene you can chose which you prefer as well, also when it's finished feel free to requesting any tweeks in poses details in character features or whatnot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 am

Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:
Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:

No Problem

For the mask it looks and gives a very mandolorian feel were you wanting it to be simialr to the mandolorians i just din't want to make it look too mandolorian i'll make some concepts either way and i'll start with some basic portraits fist before i make some live scenes
If you've got something in mind that doesn't look as mandolorian and you think is better then lemme know because I'm open for it I just thought that compared to say Darth Vaders mask that is a lot cooler.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:27 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
To keep everything fair though it'll be a first come first served type basis so ill try and get to doing Darth Faisneise's Tor character (I may have to leave your steampunk request till a bit latter cause i'll need more time to do them sorry dude), then i'll do faxti chiss imperial agent and then Atrer's sith warror, i've got a few ideas for everyone when i read the info so i may jump straight into doing a landscape type action scenes rather than a portraits if im feeling risky, either or but i may just stick to portrats frst and if they came out okay ill move onto expanding them if there to everyones standards, when you look at the initial portrait ideas and designs ill send them in a message or on this thread then you can pick out which concept you like more (if theres several or more differrent ones) and when i plan out a scene you can chose which you prefer as well, also when it's finished feel free to requesting any tweeks in poses details in character features or whatnot Very Happy
You're doing this for free, you can take as long as you'd like on any of them. Thanks for doing me first though!
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Darth Zelus wrote:
You're doing this for free, you can take as long as you'd like on any of them. Thanks for doing me first though!

You were the first to ask and post a request so i got to be fair right?
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Just so people are aware i shall be starting to work on the character concepts next week as im approaching my deadlines for collage ill have time to work on them soon however i dont yet have my graphics tablet so it'll be pretty basic stuff at first before a do some crazy stuff
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Woohoo~!
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 12:02 pm

Hey are you still doing these?
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:

I still intend to do them im just caught up with sixth form and other aspects of life, I'll try and make a start for when im of in summer, I was hoping for my graphics tablet but a may have to sell one of my old guitars for it
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:

I still intend to do them im just caught up with sixth form and other aspects of life, I'll try and make a start for when im of in summer, I was hoping for my graphics tablet but a may have to sell one of my old guitars for it

I know it's been a while since I posted anything but just so you guys know I AM still planning on doing these commissions money is running thin atm but as soon as i get my graphics tablet these are gonna be some of the first projects I do, and i'm guessing that people might not care much for the moment but try and keep some faith and I promise I'll do them soon hopefully I won't disappoint but don't expect to much I aim to improve my skills and be a concept artist so this will be a stepping stone per-say. thanks and as I said i'll get them done as soon as THEY WILL BE DONE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free Character Concepts/ commision work   Free Character Concepts/ commision work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Free Character Concepts/ commision work
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next