Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Independence Day!

Go down 
+4
Turik Khan
Darth_Faisneise
Darth Romana
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Happy Independence Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Hooray for the Fourth of July! Cool I'd like to thank Big Daddy across the pond for letting us leave home. The disagreement between us wasn't the best, but I'm glad you decided to let us live our life. Thank you Big Daddy. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:11 pm

I always thought we were the Mother, being the Mother country and all; It was sure sad seeing all the kids leave home, first the US, eventually Canada and even later India and Hong Kong.

I've always wondered, since the French have this incorrect reputation for surrendering and loosing wars, does the US acknowledge France's important involvement in the American War of Independence? Here we recognise the Dutch and Prussia's involvement in defeating Napoleon which brought forward Pax Britanica, the pereoud where the British Empire became the worlds undisputed superpower. Adding in allies that help achive these momentous achievements always taxes away allot of the romanticism of the events, I was just wondering if it was at all recognized.

Oh and by the way we're still waiting on that tea-tax; I need that money for more tea, without it i'll have nothing to drink when I eat my scones!
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 2:23 pm

No one thinks about the French. Hell, from what I can tell, most people don't even think about Britain anymore. The holiday is more like....

.... As opposed to independence.
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Class : Sith Sorcerer

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Sadly, no Romana. Nobody seems to recall that we were basically screwed were it not for the French. You Brits had us outgunned from the start Razz

Even sadder, some people don't even remember what we celebrate independence day for, here watch this if you feel like losing a little faith in humanity:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Class : Sith Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Happy Fourth!

Its important to know ones history..but it doesn't really matter. Or else ya know, I would be all confused on this holiday. Seeing how I am Spanish, Mexican, Apache, German, Irish and with a spit of French which I believe surrendered to the German part of me a few days after I was born.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

I also realized that in some kind of bizarre, insulting twist, on the 4th of July, most restaurants rename french-fries as 'freedom'-fries. Apparently, the USA mentality is: 'Fuck the French'
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I've got 15 crates of BIG professional fireworks in my living room and I'm going to go put on a show for the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:
I've got 15 crates of BIG professional fireworks in my living room and I'm going to go put on a show for the neighborhood.
You're putting on a show in your living room? Ballsy.
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:
You're putting on a show in your living room? Ballsy.
bounce maybe...
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
I always thought we were the Mother, being the Mother country and all; It was sure sad seeing all the kids leave home, first the US, eventually Canada and even later India and Hong Kong.

I've always wondered, since the French have this incorrect reputation for surrendering and loosing wars, does the US acknowledge France's important involvement in the American War of Independence? Here we recognise the Dutch and Prussia's involvement in defeating Napoleon which brought forward Pax Britanica, the pereoud where the British Empire became the worlds undisputed superpower. Adding in allies that help achive these momentous achievements always taxes away allot of the romanticism of the events, I was just wondering if it was at all recognized.

Oh and by the way we're still waiting on that tea-tax; I need that money for more tea, without it i'll have nothing to drink when I eat my scones!

You guys are so stuffy. tongue

Most people probably wouldn't recognize the French, but no worries there are some who do. I call them "High School Graduates". tongue JK, JK. Razz
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 pm

Turik Khan wrote:
Sadly, no Romana. Nobody seems to recall that we were basically screwed were it not for the French. You Brits had us outgunned from the start Razz

Even sadder, some people don't even remember what we celebrate independence day for, here watch this if you feel like losing a little faith in humanity:

Oh mi gosh. First minute and I was dumbfounded.

In other news my life sucks. San Antonio has banned fireworks. Apparently the weather is too dry.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:
Turik Khan wrote:

Oh mi gosh. First minute and I was dumbfounded.

In other news my life sucks. San Antonio has banned fireworks. Apparently the weather is too dry.
Lake Havasu hasn't, and it isn't advisable to go outside for any length of time without a bottle of water, for fear of dehydration.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:48 am

It is really sad when I watch videos like that, but also pretty funny. But sad... Sad I personally know that the French pretty much helped us win the war, whether my parents or friends know is a whole other question. I love jokes about the French and how they surrender, but at the end of the day I still appreciate them.

P.S. I'm going to San Antonio to see family this Friday, maybe we'll see each other Arf!?!??
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 am

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
I also realized that in some kind of bizarre, insulting twist, on the 4th of July, most restaurants rename french-fries as 'freedom'-fries. Apparently, the USA mentality is: 'Fuck the French'

There mentality Is The world can go fuck itself as there ignorant to everything and everyone else because there all that matters........ Basically

No offence guys Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Independence Day!   Happy Independence Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Independence Day!
Page 1 of 1