Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What sports do you like?

Go down 
+6
Darth Zelus
Kesir
agentepic
Foxkage
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

What sports do you like? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Paintball.

I don't get to play enough though... I've got a $700 gun in my closet that I haven't used since last year cause the sport is so damn expensive.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:
Paintball.

I don't get to play enough though... I've got a $700 gun in my closet that I haven't used since last year cause the sport is so damn expensive.

700 quid? Shocked do they not have hires you can use when you go paintballing? Or are/were you amateur professional, a regualar player?
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:
Paintball.

700 quid? Shocked do they not have hires you can use when you go paintballing? Or are/were you amateur professional, a regualar player?
I'm sorry. Not to be offensive or mean, but I can't respect 'quid' as currency. It sounds to close to squid, and is therefore silly because squids are silly. You British folk and your silly money. Ohohoho, so silly.
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Atrer wrote:
Paintball.

fist off i know what you mean on paint ball got a $200+ one my self just sitting aroudn and second off this is prolly ganna make me out as an idiot (which have no doubts i am one) but what exactly is a quid? ive hear that pop up a few times in british tv shows and i just dont get it
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Well I used to be on a D1 team which is like almost profession but not quite.
It's just that you could spend nearly $200 just playing by yourself and when you've got a team it's even more expensive. The prizes for winning tournaments were never cash prizes at least that i've seen until you're pro. So me and my team could get 1st place out of say 20 other teams and in the end only get a couple cases of paint or a few guns or something. So the prize never justified the cost.

It truly is a luxery sport and I'm not rich so I can't go much anymore.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:35 am

Kesir wrote:

fist off i know what you mean on paint ball got a $200+ one my self just sitting aroudn and second off this is prolly ganna make me out as an idiot (which have no doubts i am one) but what exactly is a quid? ive hear that pop up a few times in british tv shows and i just dont get it

Sorry, force of habit. Quid is slang for £ (pound) - like an American might say 'buck' for dollar.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:20 am

meh paintballing is okay but it's a bit overrated in my opinion, airsoft is how its going down nowadays Laughing
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 am

Foo Fighter wrote:
meh paintballing is okay but it's a bit overrated in my opinion, airsoft is how its going down nowadays Laughing

You would be surprised by how just underrated it is. Many people only go to paint ball on special occasions like birthday's or something like that and the number of consistent players has actually gone down in the recent years causing a lot of the fields I know of to go bankrupt and have to close their doors.
And no one really knows a whole lot about the sport anymore i.e. what it's called when you test the velocity of the gun, what the different bunkers and fields are called, to you're friggin mask on at all times, how to perform proper maintanance on you're gun should a problem arise.
And just what the sport is all about in general.

Ehhhh I could rant on this all day so I'll stop there.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Kesir wrote:

Sorry, force of habit. Quid is slang for £ (pound) - like an American might say 'buck' for dollar.
OH! I thought it was an actual denomination of English currency. Don't I feel silly.
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Darth Romana wrote:
Kesir wrote:

OH! I thought it was an actual denomination of English currency. Don't I feel silly.
for as while there i did to thanks for the clarification
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Kesir wrote:
Darth_Faisneise wrote:
Darth Romana wrote:
Kesir wrote:

for as while there i did to thanks for the clarification

Its an easy misconception i think the term quid is used more than pound in some places nowadays :L
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What sports do you like?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: Off-topic Discussion-
Jump to: