Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What sports do you like?

Go down 
+6
Darth Zelus
Kesir
agentepic
Foxkage
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

What sports do you like? Empty
PostSubject: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Well for me number one would have to be football - (that's soccer to you Americans) - very disapointed with England's performance in the world cup, how ever Europe did show South America which continent is best at football with EU countries taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Other supports, obviously depending on season, I use to go to watch Kent (my county) in the cricket with my family when I was younger, still enjoy playing although never plan on going to Lords and watching or anything like that. I always enjoyed Rounders whilst in secondary schools and just generally as a good summer outside alternative to football; its similar to the Baseball (which was first played in England 19th centuary as opposed to Rounders in Tudor times, OMG old lol) except Rounders is a far simpler game, generally we just set up 5 bases, split into 2 teams one team fielded the other batted, aim to get round the bases before the ball reaches the bowler, if you get round in 1 you get a rounder (1 point) if you get round by going base to base then you don't, if you get caught between a base then your out - im sure its much like baseball actually. Its not a sport that you watch on TV since it's more of just a game played for enjoyment rather than professionally. I also enjoy rugby, disipite not being big built I was still not to bad at, I could stand my ground well enough - I never really get why in the similar American Football you have to wear all that armour? can anyone explain its point? Rugby doesn't need the same protection, and it's an upper class sport.

And of course I love the Olympics when it was on, great boost to moral with Team GB coming 3rd/4th in 2008 especially since were hosting 2012, it's seen as special when we do well, we dont come to expect it like China and the US.

Sorry if I rambled to much. The forum has seemed to have died since I went for my induction week at uni!

Please Please Please, if you see a thread where you were not the last person to leave a message, leave a message.
Also start up new threads, we have 3-5 members active daily, I think we can do better than 0 messages a day!
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:21 am

I love Football (American football), I can only stand soccer if it is the World Cup, I don't really like baseball or basketball. The only sports I really like to watch then are football and world cup soccer :/
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:28 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I love Football (American football), I can only stand soccer if it is the World Cup, I don't really like baseball or basketball. The only sports I really like to watch then are football and world cup soccer :/

:O Only American Football - jw why do American Football players wear all that body armour, our Rugby players don't wear anything like that. Do you play at all? (Association) Football or American Football?
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:36 pm

I used to play soccer when I was really young and I played football for a good like 4 years or so then quit like 3 years ago cause I was too small for it and didn't want to play anymore, now I swim.

Oh and the pads... I dunno, but ya rugby looks dangerous with those big brits playing it lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:17 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I used to play soccer when I was really young and I played football for a good like 4 years or so then quit like 3 years ago cause I was too small for it and didn't want to play anymore, now I swim.

Oh and the pads... I dunno, but ya rugby looks dangerous with those big brits playing it lol.

lol, not Brits, when it comes to sport we play as England, Scotland and Wales (apart from Olympics); for some weird reason the Welsh seem to excel in Rugby... meh, they have to be talented in something I guess.

Indeed we get plenty of ABE supporters once England qualifies in the world cup, mainly from Scotland.
Back to top Go down
Foxkage
Sith Saber
Sith Saber
Foxkage

Class : Sith Juggernaut
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 9:12 am

not relay interested in sports but i love my teakwondo especially when im fighting even thought i tend to fight better fighters and get bruised all over i love it. also i realy enjoy watching other martial arts coz i can use some moves from them wile sparing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:28 pm

foxkage wrote:
not relay interested in sports but i love my teakwondo especially when im fighting even thought i tend to fight better fighters and get bruised all over i love it. also i realy enjoy watching other martial arts coz i can use some moves from them wile sparing Twisted Evil

Not really a fan of watching Martial Arts my self, but it looks like it could be fun to take part in.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Ya I'm hoping that sometime in the future I'll take part in some form of Martial Arts like Ninjitsu or something that just isn't karate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:25 pm

I am into MMA, started training in it for fun about a year ago. Getting ready to watch a UFC as we speak...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:59 pm

i like to watch american football [GO BAMA] and i use to play soccoer when i was a bit younger played for about 4 years
Back to top Go down
agentepic
Recruit
Recruit
agentepic

Class : Imperial Agent Operative

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:53 am

Darth Romana wrote:
Well for me number one would have to be football - (that's soccer to you Americans) - very disapointed with England's performance in the world cup, how ever Europe did show South America which continent is best at football with EU countries taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Hehe i was cheering for Italy! ( im 50 % Italian

my favourite sport is ice hockey ball hockey heck i'll play eny hockey you can think up
Back to top Go down
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:59 am

Darth Romana wrote:
DarthBythion wrote:

:O Only American Football - jw why do American Football players wear all that body armour, our Rugby players don't wear anything like that. Do you play at all? (Association) Football or American Football?

when i played football i got hit in just the right way the end result was a broken arm 2 broke ribs 3 bruised 2 concusions and a twisted ankle. so im not 100% on this but i think that might be why we wear all those pads
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:31 am

Kesir wrote:
when i played football i got hit in just the right way the end result was a broken arm 2 broke ribs 3 bruised 2 concusions and a twisted ankle. so im not 100% on this but i think that might be why we wear all those pads

My cousin plays Rugby for his uni, and has ended up with a broken collarbone, fractured knee and god knows what else from scrums, violent tackles etc, much is the norm in Rugby; and he, and every rugby player don't wear pads. I suppose you'd have to play both games to know why for sure. Their are probebly some major differences that explain why the pads are necessary, but as a country we don't play American-football and it isn't shown on tv so its something that we just presume to be similar.

Last edited by Darth Romana on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:48 am

Im not really a sports man but i like american football, basketball and some extreme sports, i hate sport over here it sucks ass, cricket is a load of crap football/soccer is something of a wierd obsession most people have over here and its shit load of over paid closet faggots falling over like panseys and crying when they lose, i dont mind watching martial arts i suppose that falls under extreme sports and the like

and yes i am British or english or whatever we decide to call our selves nowadays before anyone asks :/

God i hate my country
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:28 pm

On an unrelated note, Foo Fighter, I don't approve of the homophobic comments in your post, consider that a warning.

________

And secondly on a personal note Football is a sport I love more than any other, England is fortunate to have some the best clubs in the world, and some pretty decent players. Its pure fantasy that they cry when they lose, one I'm not sure where you get your basis, but yes they are overpaid but then these top clubs pay high taxes and are a valuable asset to the British economy. As the worlds most popular sport, by a long way, most people will disagree with you.

Cricket is a traditional English sport, I don't enjoy watching it but I do enjoy playing it.

I am proud of our countries sporting accomplishments. Most of the best and most popular sports in the world were invented by the British - most English, these include:

Football (soccer)
Rugby League
Rugby football
Rugby Union
Cricket
Baseball
Netball
Rounders
Tenis
Golf
Hockey (the modern variation)

I personally love being British and i'm proud of the fact.
Back to top Go down
agentepic
Recruit
Recruit
agentepic

Class : Imperial Agent Operative

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
On an unrelated note, Foo Fighter, I don't approve of the homophobic comments in your post, consider that a warning.

________

And secondly on a personal note Football is a sport I love more than any other, England is fortunate to have some the best clubs in the world, and some pretty decent players. Its pure fantasy that they cry when they lose, one I'm not sure where you get your basis, but yes they are overpaid but then these top clubs pay high taxes and are a valuable asset to the British economy. As the worlds most popular sport, by a long way, most people will disagree with you.

Cricket is a traditional English sport, I don't enjoy watching it but I do enjoy playing it.

I am proud of our countries sporting accomplishments. Most of the best and most popular sports in the world were invented by the British - most English, these include:

Football (soccer)
Rugby League
Rugby football
Rugby Union
Cricket
Baseball
Netball
Rounders
Tenis
Golf

just going to say foo fighter "chill"
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

Class : Sith Marauder

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 pm

I don't actually play any sports, but I like watching parkoor(I don't know how to spell it, it's basically urban ninjaness), fencing, snowboarding, luge, curling(for some unknown reason. Logically it's stupid, but it's hypnotic), gymnastics, pole vault, annnnnnnnnd.... I will post more when I think of them.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Darth_Faisneise wrote:
I don't actually play any sports, but I like watching parkoor(I don't know how to spell it, it's basically urban ninjaness), fencing, snowboarding, luge, curling(for some unknown reason. Logically it's stupid, but it's hypnotic), gymnastics, pole vault, annnnnnnnnd.... I will post more when I think of them.

Its spelt parkour I think. And oh yeah, I love watching parkour - its brilliant, always makes me wish I could do it lol.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Parkour is amazing. Lol, but the closest I've ever been to doing it, is from playing Assassins creed :/.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:06 am

DarthBythion wrote:
Parkour is amazing. Lol, but the closest I've ever been to doing it, is from playing Assassins creed :/.
Me too!
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 am

Darth Romana wrote:

________

Football (soccer)
Rugby League
Rugby football
Rugby Union
Cricket
Baseball
Netball
Rounders
Tenis
Golf

Fair enough, im just not much of a sportsman in all honesty im not really a patriot of my country never found a reason to be proud of it, and i apologise for any offensive comments, i was in a bad mood and they weren't intended to seem homophobic in any way i know a couple of gays and i have no problems with them at all, just saying
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:11 am

Football (American) is my favorite. (Go Seahawks!!! ) cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 pm

[quote="Foo Fighter"]
Darth Romana wrote:
Fair enough, im just not much of a sportsman in all honesty im not really a patriot of my country never found a reason to be proud of it, and i apologise for any offensive comments, i was in a bad mood and they weren't intended to seem homophobic in any way i know a couple of gays and i have now problems with them at all, just saying

Its no problem really, I didn't really think you were meaning to be offensive, but the terms and conditions provided by our host forbid it. Our opinions on patriotism differ greatly, but we are both entitled to our opinions.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:47 pm

1. American Football (Baltimore Ravens fan)
2. Basketball (LA Lakers fan:KOBE!!)
3. UFC(mixed martial arts)
4. Football/Soccer (Manchester United/England national team) Rooney is a beast
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:
1. American Football (Baltimore Ravens fan)
2. Basketball (LA Lakers fan:KOBE!!)
3. UFC(mixed martial arts)
4. Football/Soccer (Manchester United/England national team) Rooney is a beast

lol, Ravens are alright 4 me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sports do you like?   What sports do you like? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What sports do you like?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: Off-topic Discussion-
Jump to: