Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Release Date at E3

Go down 
+5
Darth Zelus
Darth Bythion
Darth Romana
Atrer
Darth Sneaky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Unit : Sith Order

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:59 am

I saw a commercial for E3 on the G4 channel, and about half of the video clips they showed of games was TOR. So my speculation is that they will indeed have a release date for us at the convention. Tho having a release date in June means that the game might not come out to the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:
I saw a commercial for E3 on the G4 channel, and about half of the video clips they showed of games was TOR. So my speculation is that they will indeed have a release date for us at the convention. Tho having a release date in June means that the game might not come out to the end of the year.

Given the hinted dates for release and the time of the year I think that an official conformation is likely.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Its likely that their will be a September release date, judging by what was said at the EA annual shareholders meeting. Its very unlikely for it to get an very end of the year release since EA, more spesificly BioWare are releasing the game of the year (Mass Effect 3) around that time.

I wouldn't bet to highly on a release date on E3, its not that common and it doesn't really seem like BioWare would structure dates, times and targets around a gaming convention. They will tell us, and the retail industry when their ready and confident on the assurance that TOR is in a state in which it should be shipped. As always BioWare will tell us when they are ready. Remember that their original release target was not given at E3 or a gaming convention, it was announced on the site.

Don't get your hopes up, we could find our selves with a release date before OR after E3,
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:25 pm

I have also been thinking about that and I agree. I believe they will reveal the released date at E3, if they wait till after that, we'll be looking at a Christmas 2011 or early 2012 launch for sure. I'm still hoping for a late summer (august) or early winter release (September). But I'm not 100% sure that they will reveal it at E3, I'm just taking in what all has been said about how they won't come out of no where and announce it.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

They've said with almost certainly that it will be a 2011 release date, I defiantly can not see it coming out as late as January 2012.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
They've said with almost certainly that it will be a 2011 release date, I defiantly can not see it coming out as late as January 2012.

I think it would be suffice to say that we should be looking at a later 2011 release date even though people were saying spring realistically though i doubt it given the fact were not going to see the remaining updates till maybe summer June-August time, though september seems more likely right now so long as it isn't delayed till mid/late 2012 im not too fussed if its early 2012 i think i could maybe live that long though i'd be gutted if it was postponed for 2012 hopefully it wont come to that
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:37 pm

when I went to pre order at game stop, the dudes said it would come out Jan 3, 2012. I don't believe them though.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Darth Xean wrote:
when I went to pre order at game stop, the dudes said it would come out Jan 3, 2012. I don't believe them though.

You shouldn't, its a placeholder date. I don't think they expect you too believe it, the UKs main retailer GAME has currently got TBC but prior to that they had a placeholder that went reversed every day.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Unit : Sith Council

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Xean wrote:

You shouldn't, its a placeholder date. I don't think they expect you too believe it, the UKs main retailer GAME has currently got TBC but prior to that they had a placeholder that went reversed every day.

I was at Game Stop about a week ago and the release date sheet there showed Swtor as Jan, 2012. As Romana said, it's just a placeholder, a "safe" one at that. Meaning they don't want to put a really close date because then if people see it they'll get hyped and then they find out that the game is released later. So don't ever believe anything anyone says until Bioware or EA confirms it.
Back to top Go down

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Yea, I used to work at gamestop. Its just a best guess date to hold the place for thier system to take reservations never listen to any release date given except by the publisher. Thought spring 2011 was what bioware said in thier offical release, thats obviously not going to happen since its spring now..and they have never confirmed an exact date. They will give at least 3 month notice or so generally, for hype to build and time for open beta and the like.
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Recruit
Recruit
Apollo

Class : Imperial Agent
Unit : Intellegence

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Gawd please!!!

I don't want to wait until Autumn when I start University, Spring (won't happen now) or Summer are the two seasons that I want.
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:28 pm

If they don't announce a release date at E3, I'd be betting on a 2012 release at worst, or a holiday season 2011 release at best.
They did just push back ME3 to 2012, so that would open the late '11 months up for ToR.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:28 am

they better announce somethign big at e3 if not the release date cause i dunno about the rest of you but a few of the boards i have seen about this game the genral consesus is that there gettging tired of almost no info about release dates. i kinda feel if they would announce one they would get some of those fans back even if it wasnt true.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Kesir wrote:
they better announce somethign big at e3 if not the release date cause i dunno about the rest of you but a few of the boards i have seen about this game the genral consesus is that there gettging tired of almost no info about release dates. i kinda feel if they would announce one they would get some of those fans back even if it wasnt true.

hell of a point, if they don't give a release date it will be devastating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Release Date at E3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Release Date at E3   Release Date at E3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Release Date at E3
Page 1 of 1