Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darth Bane

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

Darth Bane Empty
PostSubject: Darth Bane   Darth Bane Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:09 am

I once said Darth Revan was my favorite Sith. Well that has now changed. I've nearly read the entire first Darth Bane book in one and I have about 50 pages to go and I just have to say he is one the best characters in a novels I've ever seen.
Oh and if you're looking for dark side action look no further its... pretty amazing and at times brutal which of course for us only makes it that much better.
Things like this just make me quiver at the might of the character.

"With a groan the man rolled onto his back and hauled himself up to a sitting position, leaning his head and shoulders against a nearby stone. His eyes-glazed and dilated-cleared momentarily and came into focus. "Lord Bane ... ," he gasped. "Kaan told us ... you were dead."

There was no point in replying, so Bane said nothing.

"You missed the fight ... ," the man mumbled, the words hard to hear through the choking bubbles of blood welling up in his throat. A coughing fit cut off what he was going to say next. He was too weak to even bring up his hand to cover his mouth as he spewed red spots over Bane's dark boots.

"The battle was glorious," he finally croaked out. "It's an honor to ..

. fall in such a splendid battle."

Bane laughed loudly, the only appropriate response to such ridiculous stupidity. "Glory means nothing for the dead," he said, though it wasn't clear if the man could even hear him in his fevered state.

He turned to go, then paused when he felt a feeble tug on his heel. "Help me, Lord Bane."

Lifting his boot free of the clutching hand, Bane answered, "My name is Darth Bane." There was a sickening crunch as his boot slammed down, grinding the man's skull into the rocks propping him up. His body convulsed once then lay still.

The purging of the Sith had begun."

Anyways if your bored and need something to do involving the dark side while waiting to play the games and you don't mind reading I would def go out and get these.
king
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

Darth Bane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane   Darth Bane Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 am

The end of the second book is brilliant as well, more so than the first I think, you read it and just wonder how things are going to work out and the way things fall into place are so clever. Whilst I do really like and respect Darth Bane I prefer his apprentice Darth Zannah - who you won't have read about yet.

He does and says such clever, practical and useful things - for example: after killing a couple of former Sith mercs Darth Bane explains why he didn't kill all of them to his apprentice:

"Since we cannot hide the fact of our survival, we must obscure it with half truths. We must encourage the rumours, spreading them so thick they blind our enemies untill they cannot separate myth from reality.

She understands and responds:

"A rumour is only as reliable as it's source"

They are both such great characters, Drew Karpyshyn is a brilliant writer - can it be any surprise that he was the lead writer of KotOR and created Darth Revan's story also?
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Darth Bane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane   Darth Bane Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:10 am

I read Star Wars The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance and loved it. If you don't know, it is a recently released book based (I believe) a little bit before the start of the game and it follows the story of like 7 characters. Consisting of a ex-special forces Trooper, Jedi Padawan, (undercover) Imperial Agent, Freelance Smuggler, Sith Apprentice, Sith Lord, Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, and a few other smaller characters. It was a really cool book getting to read about the battles between all of them and the surprises in the storyline. I think it's a must read if you want to know a little bit more about some characters that we might meet in TOR.
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

Darth Bane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane   Darth Bane Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm

DarthBythion wrote:
I read Star Wars The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance and loved it. If you don't know, it is a recently released book based (I believe) a little bit before the start of the game and it follows the story of like 7 characters. Consisting of a ex-special forces Trooper, Jedi Padawan, (undercover) Imperial Agent, Freelance Smuggler, Sith Apprentice, Sith Lord, Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, and a few other smaller characters. It was a really cool book getting to read about the battles between all of them and the surprises in the storyline. I think it's a must read if you want to know a little bit more about some characters that we might meet in TOR.
Sounds interesting, I'll make sure to pick it up along with the Darth Malgus book.

Darth Romana wrote:
The end of the second book is brilliant as well, more so than the first I think, you read it and just wonder how things are going to work out and the way things fall into place are so clever. Whilst I do really like and respect Darth Bane I prefer his apprentice Darth Zannah - who you won't have read about yet.

He does and says such clever, practical and useful things - for example: after killing a couple of former Sith mercs Darth Bane explains why he didn't kill all of them to his apprentice:

"Since we cannot hide the fact of our survival, we must obscure it with half truths. We must encourage the rumours, spreading them so thick they blind our enemies untill they cannot separate myth from reality.

She understands and responds:

"A rumour is only as reliable as it's source"

They are both such great characters, Drew Karpyshyn is a brilliant writer - can it be any surprise that he was the lead writer of KotOR and created Darth Revan's story also?

I saw Zannah/Rain in the epilogue for a brief moment. I just started to read the second book and I'm already entranced by the writing and tension he places (extremely well might I add) into the story.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darth Bane Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darth Bane   Darth Bane Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Bane
Page 1 of 1