Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GamesCom News

Go down 
+7
TMILL
Darth Romana
Asmoral
killtoy
Streiter
Darth Sneaky
Darth Bythion
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 pm

I will post all videos and news released from GamesCom in this topic.

GamesCom News:

Guild Testing Detail Released

GamesCom Schedule

Total TOR pre-orders 8/16/11: 304,510

Cross Faction Chat: "As discussed at SDCC, the decision was made to separate the general chat channels by faction. However, this decision ONLY affects the planet-wide chat channels such as "General Chat." If you're standing next to another player (local chat), you can talk to them regardless of what faction you're part of."

Ten Ton Hammer Interview

TOR Razor Peripherals

Crew Skills List Updated

GamesCom Eternity Vault Demo and Trailer (at the end). The trailer is really cool.

GamesCom Huttball Warzone trailer

GamesCom Huttball Gameplay (12:18-12:35 is epic)

Last edited by Darth Bythion on Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

Unit : Sith Order

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 pm

thanks in advance!!!
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Class : Sith Juggernaut

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Awesome, simply awesome.

Which means if we wish to get raids going we want at least one of every Advanced class within the guild.
Back to top Go down
killtoy
Agent
Agent
killtoy

Class : Sith Inquisitor - Assassin

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: WoW!   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 pm

That was really spectacular! Can't wait to see more. bounce
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm

im taking all my vacation from my job which is 2weeks so i can get to 50 asap.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

Class : Sith Marauder

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:29 pm

If I didn't have CQ over the weekend. I would be going to Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescon. I really wanted to try out the warzone.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:15 pm

Asmoral wrote:
If I didn't have CQ over the weekend. I would be going to Cologne, Germany to attend Gamescon. I really wanted to try out the warzone.

I know what its like, sods law.. would fall out that day. The war zones are looking really awesome though, as are the raids, doing these things with a purpose looks so much more fulfilling.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Asmoral wrote:

I know what its like, sods law.. would fall out that day. The war zones are looking really awesome though, as are the raids, doing these things with a purpose looks so much more fulfilling.

agreed cannot wait to get into a hard mode raid(16 players)
Back to top Go down
TMILL
Corporal
Corporal
TMILL

Class : Mercenary Bounty Hunter

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Great video, i've been looking for some footage like this. However i think raising the number of players would be more...intense is what i guess im trying to say, theres something about 25 man raids on WoW that make the experience so much better.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:47 pm

TMILL wrote:
Great video, i've been looking for some footage like this. However i think raising the number of players would be more...intense is what i guess im trying to say, theres something about 25 man raids on WoW that make the experience so much better.

25 would be great, but i think because there will be so much more depth to the operations(raids) that 25 would be too crazy lol.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:50 pm

25 man raids...eh.

Look I played EQ the original there was like 60 to 80 man raids. way too many people.

EQ2 had 12 and 24 man raids. And even still for small guilds, it was hard to pull that many people all the time.

I think 8 and 16 man raids is a nice number. Not too many and not too little. A much easier number to pull together for small guilds. Also seeing how there are 4 main classes, each splitting into two which equals 8. Makes alot of sense and should be easy to work out.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 pm

im coming from a WoW Point of view, where 25 was intense as hell but not so overwhelming that it couldn't be done because at least on my server people were pugging 6/12 ICC non hard mode tho, so 25 is doable just they trying to be as different from wow as possible. Hence calling them operations.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Trying to be as different from WoW as possible?

No,no.

They are just trying to be different. WoW was not the first MMO to have raids. Or to call them raids.

Sorry if it seems I am snapping at you. But I am tired of people thinking WoW is the only MMO out there, that WoW came out with so much stuff first. Because they didn't.

Aside from all that.

8 to 16 man raids will be nice, smaller more compact raids. Will be neater and easier to control.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Streiter wrote:
Trying to be as different from WoW as possible?

No,no.

They are just trying to be different. WoW was not the first MMO to have raids. Or to call them raids.

Sorry if it seems I am snapping at you. But I am tired of people thinking WoW is the only MMO out there, that WoW came out with so much stuff first. Because they didn't.

Aside from all that.

8 to 16 man raids will be nice, smaller more compact raids. Will be neater and easier to control.

I feel exactly the same way on both accounts.
Back to top Go down
TMILL
Corporal
Corporal
TMILL

Class : Mercenary Bounty Hunter

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 am

Streiter wrote:
25 man raids...eh.

Look I played EQ the original there was like 60 to 80 man raids. way too many people.

EQ2 had 12 and 24 man raids. And even still for small guilds, it was hard to pull that many people all the time.

I think 8 and 16 man raids is a nice number. Not too many and not too little. A much easier number to pull together for small guilds. Also seeing how there are 4 main classes, each splitting into two which equals 8. Makes alot of sense and should be easy to work out.

60 to 80?!?!?
thats ridiculous, i can't even imagine that working out!
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:12 am

I think 4, 8, and 16 man groups are good enough and I look forward to taking part in them.

Back to Gamescon. Do you think they are going to reveal any information about the release date for SWTOR? (Or announce some other amazing game feature?)
Back to top Go down
Turik Khan
Recruit
Recruit
Turik Khan

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 pm

I agree, the smaller raids are much easier to manage in my opinion, i think 16 is a good enough number.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/skythe1908?feature=mhee#p/p
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Asmoral wrote:
I think 4, 8, and 16 man groups are good enough and I look forward to taking part in them.

Back to Gamescon. Do you think they are going to reveal any information about the release date for SWTOR? (Or announce some other amazing game feature?)

I don't think they'll announce the release date here. Probably PAX or later (even though PAX is only like a week after GamesCom). I believe that I heard they were going to announce something about companions and/or testing weekends at PAX.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
I don't think they'll announce the release date here. Probably PAX or later (even though PAX is only like a week after GamesCom). I believe that I heard they were going to announce something about companions and/or testing weekends at PAX.

I see but from what I've read it seems like bioware has one major feature that they are keeping from us. What do you think that could be? Guild Ships?
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm

I really have no idea, they did say that Guild Ships would be post launch. But they could have lied to make us more surprised when they reveal it?
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 pm

Well it is just speculation at the moment. Though I could see a problem with Guild Ships taking player activity from social zones like cantinas.

((Come join us in vent boss))
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:13 pm

A new Warzone has been revealed at GamesCom and they released the trailer for today's Friday update. Look at this topic's first post for the video. (looks really fun)
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 pm

I liked the Czerca advert at the end lol.

Did you notice how massive the Hutt was? Jabba would look like a baby beside it.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Kesir
Sith Tyro
Sith Tyro
Kesir

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 pm

huttball seriously huttball.... well i guess if the hord and alliance can put there differances aside for a nice game of capture the flag why cant we have huttball sign me up.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 pm

As much as I was hoping for some other big revel. I'm still satisfied with "Hutt Ball" though it does remind me a little of "Blitz Ball" from Final Fantasy 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GamesCom News Empty
PostSubject: Re: GamesCom News   GamesCom News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GamesCom News
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: TOR Discussion-
Jump to: