Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fx lightsabers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ØcTavius
Recruit
Recruit
ØcTavius

Class : Sith Warrior

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Any of you have one?
I just did my first conversion i had a lot of help from fx-sabers.com. ill post a pic later
Back to top Go down

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 pm

ØcTavius wrote:
Any of you have one?
I just did my first conversion i had a lot of help from fx-sabers.com. ill post a pic later

I don't have one, though I've used a number of Park Sabers and thoroughly enjoy them.

I do have to say though, one of the things that FX has that just tickles my fan boy nethers is the focusing crystals. I'd like it if they had more options like...I dunno, actual crystyals or minerals? The acrylic ones really add flavor in terms of customization because you've got the color options, but what I would really like to see is a perfectly shaped crystal, like the synthetically grown and traditionally red ones of the sith. But I'm just a detail whore...so yeah
Back to top Go down
ØcTavius
Recruit
Recruit
ØcTavius

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Tekoshima wrote:
ØcTavius wrote:
Any of you have one?

I don't have one, though I've used a number of Park Sabers and thoroughly enjoy them.

I do have to say though, one of the things that FX has that just tickles my fan boy nethers is the focusing crystals. I'd like it if they had more options like...I dunno, actual crystyals or minerals? The acrylic ones really add flavor in terms of customization because you've got the color options, but what I would really like to see is a perfectly shaped crystal, like the synthetically grown and traditionally red ones of the sith. But I'm just a detail whore...so yeah

on fx-sabers.com ive seen a few with real crystals in the chamers
Back to top Go down

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:17 pm

ØcTavius wrote:
on fx-sabers.com ive seen a few with real crystals in the chamers

Yeah, looks pretty cool, though my only critique would be to get a less recognizable crystal. Quartz is common and easily accessible, but I think something more sci-fi-ie such as violet tanzanite, uranium glass (personal favorite), vanadinite or really just colored lead crystal, much cheaper and comes in tons of colors and shapes.
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Class : Sith Juggernaut

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:36 am

Me and Tek are thinking of giving a hand at crafting some sabers of our own. See how they come out and such.
Back to top Go down

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 am

Streiter wrote:
Me and Tek are thinking of giving a hand at crafting some sabers of our own. See how they come out and such.

Yeah, nothing set in stone yet but we've got some experience doing fabrication.

My only gripe... I don't have access to a machine shop. A lathe, drill press, shit even a table grinder would be helpful. But yeah, we'll probably be all fan boy about it once we've got something cooking.
Back to top Go down
Darth Hassen
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Hassen

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:57 pm

well i had one but i decided to take it apart to see how it worked and i could not get it back together Sad
Back to top Go down
ØcTavius
Recruit
Recruit
ØcTavius

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:12 am

Darth Hassen wrote:
well i had one but i decided to take it apart to see how it worked and i could not get it back together Sad
ithere not that hard to get back togather what one did u have?
Back to top Go down
Darth Hassen
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Hassen

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 pm

ØcTavius wrote:
Darth Hassen wrote:
ithere not that hard to get back togather what one did u have?

well i have a little bro so we had to get 2 of them i had a darth vader light saber and he had a yoda one

the reason we could not get them back together is we were little and we lost all the important parts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fx lightsabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: fx lightsabers   fx lightsabers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fx lightsabers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: SW Discussion-
Jump to: