Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Osama Bin Ladin Dead

Go down 
+2
Darth Romana
Darth Bythion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Osama Bin Ladin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:17 am

So, as I'm sure at least some of you have heard by now. Osama Bin Ladin has been announced dead by the US president Obama after a compound raid in Pakistan by US forces. I just wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were about this moment. I can't believe it took almost 10 years for us to come close to capturing/killing him. Now we have avenged all of the deaths from 9/11 and from all of the conflicts in the middle-east, not just the deaths from United States citizens, but from the UK, Canada, and every single ally that has helped out. Please don't make this topic a dramatic debate, just tell your feelings.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:38 am

It concerns me.

Although its definitely a victory that he's dead, I think they should have kept it quite - just those in the circles of MI6 and the CIA etc to know, for world safety.

Have we really avenged those who died? At 9/11 perhaps, but the London bombings 7/7 weren't carried out by al-Qaeda neither was the Lockerbie Bombing. And his death doesn't bring any of them back, and it doesn't really change anything - it just gives the people the world a sense of accomplishment and faith in their countries special forces - which is good; but nobody is really avenged when only one man is dead.

Now that he's dead we should worry about the repercussions. History shows us what acts of revenge people will take out: When 9/11 happened America and its allies invaded Iraq. When America invaded burnt and looted York (now Toronto) the British responded by razing Washington DC and burning down the Capitol building. When a US pastor burnt the Koran, Western UN workers were decapitated in Afghanistan.

His followers will avenge him, and it will be inconcent western civilians who pay the price for Bin Ladens death. Thank god that this happened after the royal wedding or they may have killed or tried to kill our figurehead (the royal family) as revenge for killing theirs. Don't sit too tight, their will be horrible repercussions.

I heard parts of thee speeches, George Bush, Obama and David Cameron - only Cameron stressed that this did change much, the war on Terror continues, we haven't won anything. I've looked on American news sites and I have to say jublance but "Victory for America" is a line we heard in reference to Iraq some years ago after Saddam Hussain was killed, but America is still their now - fighting insurgents.

Its a war that can't be won and we shoudn't delude our selves that Osama Bin Landens death will sudenly change anything - the Allies celebrated their victory after the defeat of the Nazi's and the fall of the Third Reich NOT after the death of Hitler. A new figurehead will rise and Bin Laden will become a martyr.

Last edited by Darth Romana on Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:43 am

Darth Romana wrote:
It concerns me.

Although its definitely a victory that he's dead, I think they should have kept it quite - just those in the circles of MI6 and the CIA etc to know, for world safety.

Have we really avenged those who died? At 9/11 perhaps, but the London bombings 7/7 weren't carried out by al-Qaeda neither was the Lockerbie Bombing. And his death doesn't bring any of them back, and it doesn't really change anything - it just gives the people the world a sense of accomplishment and faith in their countries special forces - which is good; but nobody is really avenged when only one man is dead.

Now that he's dead we should worry about the repercussions. History shows us what acts of revenge people will take out: When 9/11 happened America and its allies invaded Iraq. When America invaded burnt and looted York (now Toronto) the British responded by razing Washington DC and burning down the Capitol building. When a US pastor burnt the Koran, Western UN workers were decapitated in Afghanistan.

His followers will avenge him, and it will be inconcent western civilians who pay the price for Bin Ladens death. Thank god that this happened after the royal wedding or they may have killed or tried to kill our figurehead (the royal family) as revenge for killing theirs. Don't sit too tight, their will be horrible repercussions.

I heard parts of thee speeches, George Bush, Obama and David Cameron - only Cameron stressed that this did change much, the war on Terror continues, we haven't won anything. I've looked on American news sites and I have to say jublance but "Victory for America" is a line we heard in reference to Iraq some years ago after Saddam Hussain was killed, but America is still their now - fighting insurgents.

Its a war that can't be won and we shoudn't delude our selves that Osama Bin Landens death will sudenly change anything - the Allies celebrated their victory after the defeat of the Nazi's and the fall of the Third Reich NOT after the death of Hitler. A new figurehead will rise and Bin Laden will become a martyr.
This Arrow
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:49 pm

I know that this hasn't really changed anything in the on-going war. The main thing is that it showed all of the enemies of the US and it's allies, that we will be persistent and that we will fight against injustices done against our fellow man. I'm not a huge fan of hardcore patriotism, but I love my country and I think that we (the US and its allies) have to look at this as; if we don't fight against the terrorists, who will?
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
if we don't fight against the terrorists, who will?
"I Can"
Back to top Go down
InquisitorSidious
Recruit
Recruit
InquisitorSidious

Class : Writer
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Here are my thoughts:

Justice is served. We all know there is no winning a war on terror. It's a term that should never have been brought into this war. It would make as much sense to say, "We're beginning a war on anger. Angry people are dangerous." - I know it's silly, but lets face it, how can you defeat an emotion? [terror].

Everyone in the world realizes that bin Laden's death does not avenge everyone who has died in this war. We (the allied forces and USA) have an ever-evolving war, that will never end.

His capture and death give us a feeling of victory. In this war, the average person has NO CLUE who the top terrorists are by name; but EVERYONE knows bin Laden...and it's simply human nature to be happy. An eye for an eye.

The question of course is: How could he be hiding in plain site in Pakistan, in a huge mansion...local to Pakistan military installments without their knowledge? You mean to tell me they're that oblivious? I'd say not. bin Laden's death has decapitated al Queda in that region. We [allied forces] have actually done an incredible job at making their business [terrorism] difficult. Communication, training, operations...they're all very restricted. bin Laden's second in command (presumably the new leader) is more supportive of people being "one man terror cells".

Yemen is an area of immediate concern. They're directives and operations seem to actually engage...luckily people have been secure enough to avoid injury.

Just my two cents. Everyone has an opinion on this I think. His death does mean something to most people...

IS, out

PS as always ignore any stupid grammar/mis-spellings, its dark in here and on a Netbook...damn tiny keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Darth Atrer wrote:
Darth Bythion wrote:
if we don't fight against the terrorists, who will?
"I Can"

Lol kind of off topic, but I love family guy so whatever.
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 3:45 pm

It's a victory for America, but the possibility for revenge is incredibly high and I worry about the fact that bin Laden being dead means we'll have to redefine our mission in the Middle East which, as far as I'm concerned, is to eliminate terrorist groups in the Middle East and around the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:
It's a victory for America, but the possibility for revenge is incredibly high and I worry about the fact that bin Laden being dead means we'll have to redefine our mission in the Middle East which, as far as I'm concerned, is to eliminate terrorist groups in the Middle East and around the world.

Thats a noble mission but an impossible one. To name one example, close to my heart:

The infamous IRA - Irish Republican Army - a terrorist group that targets the British because it governs the 'province' of Northern Ireland - their atrocities resulted in well over 2000 civilian causalities (one of which was my Uncle, who I never knew) - and over 800 British military personnel. Their feats came on par with that of Al Quadia as they managed to assassinate Earl Mountbatten cousin of the Queen and the last Viceroy of India and blew up a hotel containing Prime Minister Margret Thatcher and her Cabinet. Anyway - now one of the provisional IRA leaders: Martin McGuinness serves as the Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland and is a member of the British Parliament.

I don't mean to sound accusing or aggressive but the British public don't have a high level of trust or respect for the USAs mission against Terrorism in large part due to the fact that US tax-dollars funded the IRA and many American politicians openly supported them - hence why we reacted with fury when American senators tried to stich BP up for the release of the Lockerbie Bomber.

But then Bin Laden although infamous here in the UK isn't the same figure he is in the USA, as several EU governments have said attacks here have largely been separate from Bin Laden - 7/7 in London for example had no Al Queda involvement.

I know that was long winded but: short of it, the UK couldn't defeat a terrorist group on their door step, and it has taken a decade to find Bin Laden. The USA has NO chance of wiping out every terrorist group around the world. Also their is such a thing as International Law - Hamas for example is a terrorist group governing Gaza and the USA can do nothing to remove them from power - unless Obama wants to commit to another internationally perceived "illegal war".

I notice the two different ways you describe the war on terror: Darth Bythion stresses the USAs international allies, Arf'axdi'nuruodo demonstrates what is defiantly the prominent view that it's America's War.
Back to top Go down
Apollo
Recruit
Recruit
Apollo

Class : Imperial Agent
Unit : Intellegence

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:01 pm

Funny you say that theirs an article about a transatlantic argument brewing over the killing of Osama Bin Laden in Britans leading news paper - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383802/Cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys-U-S-bloggers-slam-Europeans-muted-reaction-Bin-Laden-killing.html

On par with what you said Romana the highest rated comment on the article is: "Thats rich coming from a country that supported IRA terrorism for years. Only they didnt like it when it came to them!"

And the third highest said this:

"To listen to US population you would think they were the first, only, and last race to experience terrorism... NO-ONE knows what terrorism is about except US citizens... It was OK for a large percentage of the US population to sponsor terrorism, in the form of the IRA... But only because they were so ignorant of the real meaning of terrorism, and watched at a distance on the TV as their dollars paid for atrocities on UK soil... I suppose Europeans are ready to be judged by these people..."

Wow, the US really didn't expect Europe to react like this did they lol, just goes to show that they are two very different civilisations their recoining the quote used when disucssing invading iraq:

'Americans are from Mars and Europeans are from Venus'.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I have to say, the first thing that has made be glad that Osama Bin Laden is dead and made even made me feel a quite proud to be an ally of America is this news article from the street of London, you don't have to read - the photographs alone are enough to make you angry.

Its times like this that make me feel like the only path to peace in the West is complete segregation from the East, deport anyone who dares to burn a Union Flag or an American flag, or a poppy on Remembrance Sunday. All we have given them and they are so disrespectful.

Against their better judgements, perhaps, scenes like this and attacks on Europe will assure that their support of the action the US took was absolutely correct.

Its just a shame that such a lightweight like Obama oversaw it, he's prazed for his strong leadership in something that he did very little in.. have people forgotten how he delt with the BP oil spill or the War in Libya. Thatcher proved her strength in taking action against Britain's enemies in the Falklands war by strongly leading the country into a decive military victory after 2 months - I can't help but think that in that situation Obama would flounder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Osama Bin Ladin Dead   Osama Bin Ladin Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Osama Bin Ladin Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: Off-topic Discussion-
Jump to: