Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?

Go down 
+8
agentepic
Darth Sneaky
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Darth_Faisneise
Darth Romana
Darth Zelus
Darth Xean
Darth Bythion
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Empty
PostSubject: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:38 pm

We need to start figuring out who will use which crew and gathering skills. I will list the crafting and gathering skills that come to mind right now, but feel free to post the names of others that I forgot and I'll add them. Only pick one crafting and one gathering skill, this will be the skills you think you'll probably be using with your main character. Post your answers/comments below.

- Crafting Skills

• Armortech - Armor crafting

• Artifice - Jedi and Sith Artifact crafting

• Bio Chem - Medpack/Stimpack crafting?

• Armstech - Blaster crafting

• Cybertech - "reverse engineering tech which leads to creating tech"?

• Synthweaving - Mid to low armor crafting?

- Gathering Skills

• Bio Analysis - Bio Chem

• Slicing - Cybertech

• Scavenging - All crafting skills?

• Archeology - Artifice
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:43 pm

On my main, Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer, I will have Artifice and Archeology. I can't wait to make lightsaber crystal upgrades and I believe that I heard them say something about amulets and other artifacts are also creatable. farao
Back to top Go down
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 am

My main will probably have Artifice and Archaeology.
My BH will either have Armortech or Armstech for crafting, and probably Scavenging for gathering.

Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am

Can you onlt have one of each type of skill?

for my main ill either have artifice or synthweaving (im assuming that its for light-mid armour upgrades for people like the SI and maybe marauder), for crafting skills, ill probably have scavenging for gathering skills, maybe archaeology
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
Can you onlt have one of each type of skill?

for my main ill either have artifice or synthweaving (im assuming that its for light-mid armour upgrades for people like the SI and maybe marauder), for crafting skills, ill probably have scavenging for gathering skills, maybe archaeology

You can only have one crafting skill per character, you can change it, but you lose all your crafting experience in the skill you left.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Darth Bythion wrote:
On my main, Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer, I will have Artifice and Archeology

That would be the same for me.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth_Faisneise
Recruit
Recruit
Darth_Faisneise

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 pm

For the character I play for just me and not Co-Op, the Bio Chem. Always good to have healing on hand. As for the one I use with everyone else, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:57 pm

I'm quite knew to MMO's so can someone tell me what crafting and gathering skills are. I have a rudimentary idea, but I'd like specifics. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:
I'm quite knew to MMO's so can someone tell me what crafting and gathering skills are. I have a rudimentary idea, but I'd like specifics. Smile

[url= http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills ] http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills [/url]

the link pretty much covers the basics, they allow you to create edit and customize gear and items depending on what skill you decide to focus in upgrading whether you want to be able to create and upgrade armour or, weapons or create artefacts and what not just depends on your play style, though i'll admit i'm not the expert so i'm probably not the right one to ask, that's just my basic understanding of it
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Arf'axdi'nuruodo wrote:

Crafting and Gathering aren't now limited to mmos, many RPGs have them - Mass Effect and Dragon Age are two examples. The short of it, you gather materials - in a variety of different ways - to create an useful item - a armour chest piece for example, may need 1k cloth, 3k kortosis and 10k durosteel to be gathered (on the spot example) it can then be put together in TOR on your ship.

Back to top Go down
Arf'axdi'nuruodo
Recruit
Recruit
Arf'axdi'nuruodo

Class : Imperial Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:35 am

Darth Zelus wrote:
[url= http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills ] http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills [/url]

the link pretty much covers the basics, they allow you to create edit and customize gear and items depending on what skill you decide to focus in upgrading whether you want to be able to create and upgrade armour or, weapons or create artefacts and what not just depends on your play style, though i'll admit i'm not the expert so i'm probably not the right one to ask, that's just my basic understanding of it

Darth Romana wrote:
Crafting and Gathering aren't now limited to mmos, many RPGs have them - Mass Effect and Dragon Age are two examples. The short of it, you gather materials - in a variety of different ways - to create an useful item - a armour chest piece for example, may need 1k cloth, 3k kortosis and 10k durosteel to be gathered (on the spot example) it can then be put together in TOR on your ship.

Thank you both. Now that I know, I'd have to choose Scavenging and Biochem for my Imperial Sniper, Arf'axdi'nuruodo. At least for the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.historum.com/members/qymaen.html
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:24 pm

not too sure depends on what makes the most money in game.
Back to top Go down
agentepic
Recruit
Recruit
agentepic

Class : Imperial Agent Operative

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:39 am

Im going for my imperial operative synchweave (hope ops can wear medium) and for gathering slicing ( good for rp too)
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:50 am

Don't your companions have crew skills as well? so you can maybe balance out different skills between companions
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Darth Zelus wrote:
Don't your companions have crew skills as well? so you can maybe balance out different skills between companions

Yeah, I think thats a good idea. If you wan't to specilise in something theirs a good chance your companions can cover the others for you. Besides everyone here has guild mates, if our crafting skills vary then that is one of the many advantages of being in a Guild.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:31 am

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Zelus wrote:

Yeah, I think thats a good idea. If you wan't to specilise in something theirs a good chance your companions can cover the others for you. Besides everyone here has guild mates, if our crafting skills vary then that is one of the many advantages of being in a Guild.

Yes, that's exactly why I created this topic. We need to know who can make what for the guild so we know what we're short on. Also I believe the companions just specialize in skills, that doesn't mean that they can only use those, or that one person can be a crafting power house by just using his companions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Artifice/Archeology
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 am

Most likely Archeology and Synthweaving.
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 pm

like i said in an earlier post im waiting to decide on what crafting/gathering skills to pick, because i want to see what makes the most bank in the economy of the game. gotta get that paper
Back to top Go down
Foxkage
Sith Saber
Sith Saber
Foxkage

Class : Sith Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 5:44 pm

I will most likely have Armortech and Scavenging. I want to have stupidly strong Armour Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Streiter
Recruit
Recruit
Streiter

Class : Sith Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I want to do more research before picking out what I am going to focus on, I will pick up what is needed if it comes to that. I don't usually craft for money but for guild gain. But I am sure you all figured this, its not a bad thing to have one or two of each.

And when the game comes out to have a list of guild crafters so we can keep track and such on who can craft what.

Anyone know of any links to in depth conversation about this subject on the starwars forums?

Back to top Go down
SinAres
Recruit
Recruit
SinAres

PostSubject: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:53 am

If you want to learn more about crew skills check this out. This is from the SWTOR site, pretty good info

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/crew-skills

Any ways, yea I would have to choose armour tech as my craft skill and scavenging as my gathering.

Reason being Idk when I played WoW I was a black smith and I liked it. I got lots of money using that profession. Armour tech reminds me of it and I hope it has the same results.

Scavenging pretty much will be good for armour tech, finding any items from piles of junk that could be useful to armour tech crafting.

Yet this might change when they come out with more info on it or when the game is release.

So check out that link if you want to learn more about it.
Back to top Go down
Asmoral
Recruit
Recruit
Asmoral

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh boy. It looks like a large portion of the guild is dead set on going Artifice and Archaeology for their crafting and gathering skills. Though I am probably no different since the two professions so cool to me. However I will probably go with Cybertech and Slicing.

It's come to my attention that there is a third skill set known as "Mission Skills" the two posted on the SWTOR website are Diplomacy and Treasure Hunting. (I will most likely go with Treasure Hunting -drools-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?   Which crafting/gathering skills will you have? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which crafting/gathering skills will you have?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: TOR Discussion-
Jump to: