Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2

Go down 
+3
Darth Xean
Darth Romana
Darth Bythion
7 posters

How do you rate this update?
1 - boring/horrible
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap17%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap17%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap25%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap8%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
5 - just ok/average
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap0%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap8%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
 17% [ 2 ]
 8% [ 1 ]
How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_lcap0%How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
10 - great/greatest
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

Class : Sith Sorcerer
Unit : Sith Council

How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 1:15 am

So today's update (Friday, April 22th) was all about Drew Karpyshyn, the author of the Darth Bane series (a very well done series, I might add). Bioware announced that he is writing the third novel based on and around Star Wars: The Old Republic, the title of which is "Revan". This novel will be based on and about Revan from the Kotor series, 300 years before The Old Republic. It will take place before, between, and after both Kotor 1 & 2. I am personally very excited about reading this novel and finally learning, after all of these years, what happened to Revan. I rate this update an 7, but that's just me.

Update Link
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

Class : Sith Assasin
Unit : Sith Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:33 am

Gave it a two. When Fatal Alliance and Deceived were announced they didn't take the place of an update, this shouldn't have either, when we're so close to release they must have something else that we can see, its been weeks since we last saw something new.

In other words, it wasn't an update.

I'm not sure what I think about a Revan novel yet, I will defently read it but I'm not sure if I like Revan and the Exile's stories from being closed when they were initally written and kept as open as possible, as it was the player who chose the choices, appearance and ultamtly the fate of the galaxy.

I'm also pleased that they didn't forget the Exile like they did in the timeline videos, because she was a vital part of events and they seemed to just skate over that and only give the recognition to Revan - eg they said that it was Revan gave the order to use the Mass Shadow Generator when we know it was actually the Exile; and their excuse as to why was quite petty.

I noticed that they chose companions (with the exception of Bastila) who were companions to both Revan and the Exile.
Back to top Go down
http://truesith.com
Darth Xean
Recruit
Recruit
Darth Xean

Class : Sith Marauder
Unit : Sith Order

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:39 am

I voted 3. I was looking for a game update
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

Class : Sith Inquisitor

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I voted a six, i would have voted lower but the fact the novel explains what happened after revan left known space is a worthy merit i think it'll be very interesting to know i also like how it explains abit about the exile whom i liked in kotor 2 but there wasn't much back story for him/her (if im correct the canon is the the exile is a women, i was hoping for a game update though im silently waiting for the sith inquisitor update....
Back to top Go down
Melvanor Starstrider
Recruit
Recruit
Melvanor Starstrider

Class : Operative

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I voted 1, becuse i want to play the game, not read some books! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Melvanor Starstrider wrote:

A Valid point indeed, i think everyone could relate
Back to top Go down
Darth Sneaky
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Sneaky

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:21 pm

totally agreed, tho the book does sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Darth Sneaky wrote:

totally agreed, tho the book does sound interesting.

In my opinion, it opens what should remain closed.

The beauty of KotOR and KotOR 2 was the element that the characters were essentially created by the player - even KotOR 2 allowed the player to select the choices Revan. SWTOR should have had a similar sort of system to that.

Revan dropped in allot of peoples admiration when they revealed more about him in the timeline, he will drop even further when they release the novel.

Revan is to me (and many others) how, who and what I played Revan as, NOT what we are now being told the actual version, as I said Obsidian allowed for that, BioWare should continue.
Back to top Go down
Atrer
Council Advisor
Council Advisor
Atrer

Class : Sith Warrior
Unit : Intelligence

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:34 pm

The fact that it was just about a book really irritates me but I'm very exited for this, Revan was the third Sith Lord I ever knew about and he's still my #1.
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:01 am

Darth Zelus wrote:
I voted a six, i would have voted lower but the fact the novel explains what happened after revan left known space is a worthy merit i think it'll be very interesting to know i also like how it explains abit about the exile whom i liked in kotor 2 but there wasn't much back story for him/her (if im correct the canon is the the exile is a women, i was hoping for a game update though im silently waiting for the sith inquisitor update....

This is my reasoning also, but I would like to move my vote down to a 6, also, for argument's sake.

And as for the Sith Inquisitor Update you're wanting, Zelus, you'll probably have to wait two and a half months. Historically they've released the class updates every two months and they switch between factions each time. The last one was the Bounty hunter, which was about one and a half months ago, so they're most likely going to release another class update within the next two Fridays (probably the one after this coming Friday). I believe that only the smuggler and the Sith Inquisitor are left, so the next one will be the smuggler.
Back to top Go down
Darth Romana
Dark Lady
Dark Lady
Darth Romana

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:44 am

Darth Bythion wrote:
I believe that only the smuggler and the Sith Inquisitor are left, so the next one will be the smuggler.

Nope, the Smuggler has been done. The only two left are the Inquisitor and the Consular.
Back to top Go down
Darth Zelus
Sith Master
Sith Master
Darth Zelus

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:42 am

Darth Bythion wrote:
Darth Zelus wrote:

This is my reasoning also, but I would like to move my vote down to a 6, also, for argument's sake.

And as for the Sith Inquisitor Update you're wanting, Zelus, you'll probably have to wait two and a half months. Historically they've released the class updates every two months and they switch between factions each time. The last one was the Bounty hunter, which was about one and a half months ago, so they're most likely going to release another class update within the next two Fridays (probably the one after this coming Friday). I believe that only the smuggler and the Sith Inquisitor are left, so the next one will be the smuggler.

Indeed and im well aware of that, like i said though im just silently waiting two months until the update Neutral
Back to top Go down
Darth Bythion
Dark Lord
Dark Lord
Darth Bythion

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Darth Romana wrote:
Darth Bythion wrote:
I believe that only the smuggler and the Sith Inquisitor are left, so the next one will be the smuggler.

Nope, the Smuggler has been done. The only two left are the Inquisitor and the Consular.

Oh right my bad, meant to say Jedi Counselor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2   How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How'd You Rate This Update? Part 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's area :: General Discussion :: TOR Discussion-
Jump to: